The Student Room Group

Getting over a break up?

Hey,

So me and my girlfriend have just broken up, it was over her being friends with her ex and I guess I just wasn't comfortable with it so to not control her I said I'll leave and it kind of got in a big argument leading to her saying some nasty things like calling me a "****" and other stuff, she seemed pretty done with me.

I'm feeling kind of, sick, I keep replaying the memories of when we first started dating and we first hugged and stuff, and it makes me miss her but then I remember she basically chose her ex over my feelings so then it snaps me back into a doubtful mood, doubting she ever cared about me or loved me like she said

She suffers with panic attacks and depressive episodes, she used to tell me I was the only one who knew how to help her but she also admitted just that her ex helped her overcome them whilst she was at a party with him. I have been there for her throughout everything, been her rock and build her back up when she was in pieces, yeah I messed up and upset her at times by saying the wrong thing or whatever, but I never turned my back on her.

I love her but I can't be with her with the whole ex thing, she's not going to change it she wants to be friends with him, my emotions are conflicting now, I spoke to her everyday for almost a year, we were together 11 months, I feel there's something missing from me even though we only just broke up like ten minutes ago

I mean we've had little break ups before but this time it seems genuinely over for good

TL;DR
she wants to be friends with ex I'm not comfortable with it but it's either I like it or lump it
says her ex helps her with her after telling me only I could
I love her but I'm not comfortable being with her with this whole ex thing
I miss her but I can't so anyhing about it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

So me and my girlfriend have just broken up, it was over her being friends with her ex and I guess I just wasn't comfortable with it so to not control her I said I'll leave and it kind of got in a big argument leading to her saying some nasty things like calling me a "****" and other stuff, she seemed pretty done with me.

I'm feeling kind of, sick, I keep replaying the memories of when we first started dating and we first hugged and stuff, and it makes me miss her but then I remember she basically chose her ex over my feelings so then it snaps me back into a doubtful mood, doubting she ever cared about me or loved me like she said

She suffers with panic attacks and depressive episodes, she used to tell me I was the only one who knew how to help her but she also admitted just that her ex helped her overcome them whilst she was at a party with him. I have been there for her throughout everything, been her rock and build her back up when she was in pieces, yeah I messed up and upset her at times by saying the wrong thing or whatever, but I never turned my back on her.

I love her but I can't be with her with the whole ex thing, she's not going to change it she wants to be friends with him, my emotions are conflicting now, I spoke to her everyday for almost a year, we were together 11 months, I feel there's something missing from me even though we only just broke up like ten minutes ago

I mean we've had little break ups before but this time it seems genuinely over for good

TL;DR
she wants to be friends with ex I'm not comfortable with it but it's either I like it or lump it
says her ex helps her with her after telling me only I could
I love her but I'm not comfortable being with her with this whole ex thing
I miss her but I can't so anyhing about it

You can't stop her being friends with an ex but yes at the same time I would not be comfortable with it either. And the fact she called you a nasty time shows what sort of person she is. Time is a healer but I would block her out completely and not contact her.
She chose her ex over you. Simples.

Never be sidelined OP.
Original post by donutellme
She chose her ex over you. Simples.

Never be sidelined OP.

This pretty much. Walk far away, OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending