The Student Room Group

WJEC PY2 Legacy Exam 23rd May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnd45
Would've loved to give you mine but I threw mine away because I did it last year :frown:

Aww man its ok thanks anyway:smile:! Im so worried about how I'm gunna do all 4 essay questions in time ! 2h30 min of writing is a killer lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charthec
WJEC threads are few and far between so you're absolutely welcome to talk about PY4 :smile:

I'm really sorry but we didn't do that topic, if you need anything for memory, forensic or abnormal however, I may be able to help you out.

Aha thats so kind of you thanks!:smile: and I should be good for those ones just alot of memorising! :/ btw have you done any controversies in psychology model answers the ones where you compare approaches etc? Im quite weak at those to :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by Sexybadman
Aha thats so kind of you thanks!:smile: and I should be good for those ones just alot of memorising! :/ btw have you done any controversies in psychology model answers the ones where you compare approaches etc? Im quite weak at those to :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there may be some on the shared drive at sixth form, so I'll check today for you.
Reply 23

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi again - no model answers I'm afraid, but I've found a PY4 writing frame that has been useful to me in the past. I hope that may help? :smile:
Aww man its ok thanks anyway:smile:! Im so worried about how I'm gunna do all 4 essay questions in time ! 2h30 min of writing is a killer lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sitting the exam is a killer and your hand will hurt a lot, but it isn't difficult because there are only a few essays you have to learn for (well, compared to PY2 lol) :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by johnd45
Yeah sitting the exam is a killer and your hand will hurt a lot, but it isn't difficult because there are only a few essays you have to learn for (well, compared to PY2 lol) :smile:

I'm genuinely so worried that I haven't memorised enough for Monday :frown: I have an AS Sociology exam the day after as well.
Hi again - no model answers I'm afraid, but I've found a PY4 writing frame that has been useful to me in the past. I hope that may help? :smile:

This writing frame is actually perfect thanks so much! :biggrin: btw what do you find hardest in py2 is it the research methods or mainly the essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm genuinely so worried that I haven't memorised enough for Monday :frown: I have an AS Sociology exam the day after as well.

Just try to stay calm and focused. Remember this is only for a month and then you'll be free for the Summer! :smile:
Reply 28
This writing frame is actually perfect thanks so much! :biggrin: btw what do you find hardest in py2 is it the research methods or mainly the essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The essays. Research methods are easy marks after studying PY3 and research methods in sociology, so it's just remembering all of the studies and their evaluative counterparts that I struggle with. Don't even get me started on the critically assess question/s. :s:

Original post by johnd45
Just try to stay calm and focused. Remember this is only for a month and then you'll be free for the Summer! :smile:

I'll try my best! Thank you :smile:
The essays. Research methods are easy marks after studying PY3 and research methods in sociology, so it's just remembering all of the studies and their evaluative counterparts that I struggle with. Don't even get me started on the critically assess question/s. :s:

I'll try my best! Thank you :smile:

Ye the research methods are actually quite easy just remember to always link back to the case study :smile:. With the studies and evaluation i guess for us its just memorising :/ its actually so annoying
I feel for you aswell because both sociology and psychology require so much memory and writing lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Ye the research methods are actually quite easy just remember to always link back to the case study :smile:. With the studies and evaluation i guess for us its just memorising :/ its actually so annoying
I feel for you aswell because both sociology and psychology require so much memory and writing lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm stranglely okay with sociology but psych gives me a headache with how much I've got to remember! I've resorted to coming up with puns to help me remember the studies/psychologists eg "Frederick Bartlett Rooster Potatoes" for Bartlett's reconstructive memory.

I'm really underprepared for Monday but eh, we'll see what happens.
Good luck for tomorrow! :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by johnd45
Good luck for tomorrow! :biggrin:

I think I'm going to need it haha! Thanks - you too. 😊.
Ye guys really wish you both the best of luck tomorrow lets hope it goes well for all of us! We got this :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Ye guys really wish you both the best of luck tomorrow lets hope it goes well for all of us! We got this :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too! Fingers crossed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm going to need it haha! Thanks - you too. 😊.

Thanks 👽
How was it gang?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find the exam? I'm so glad the eyewitness debate came up! I thought they were a little harsh with research methods though.
Reply 38
Original post by johnd45
How was it gang?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Better than I thought! I cried a lot before the exam, but I found it okay? Managed Aims and Context, Procedures and the two methodology questions absolutely fine but I bombed on the Findings and Conclusions and didn't answer critically assess because I literally had nothing to write. The studies in Section C was really badly worded but I think I've done okay on that.

How about you guys?
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending