The Student Room Group

First Drive After Passing...Don't Feel Ready

I passed my test a few weeks ago, went on holiday and am doing a test drive tomorrow...I don't feel ready to be on my own, I don't think I can drive...especially not alone.

What can I do? I just dont feel ready
Original post by DocWho49
I passed my test a few weeks ago, went on holiday and am doing a test drive tomorrow...I don't feel ready to be on my own, I don't think I can drive...especially not alone.

What can I do? I just dont feel ready

Are you able to have someone in the car with you at all?? Otherwise, just get yourself to a quiet area if possible and take it slowly for a couple mins until you get back into the swing of it. Honestly, it's much easier than you think! When I first went off, I was actually a lot more relaxed than I was during lessons, because you don't have to do the silly stuff like hands at 11 and 1 or whatever it is haha!

I leave my car at my parents', and so often I'll go a couple months without driving, and when I get back into my car, it's as if I've been driving every day!
I was the same and I decided t go for my first drive in the middle of the night when there was no traffic around. Ended up driving around for a couple of hours and really got the feel of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending