The Student Room Group

Omam english literature

mad plot twist.. i may sound stupid for thinking this..
SLIM KNOWS HOW STRONG LENNIE IS, HE KNOWS LENNIE LIKES SOFT THINGS, SLIM IS LONELY.. SLIM KNOWS CURLEYS WIFE HAS SOFT HAIR,, SLLIM KNOWS LENNIE IS ON HIS OWN.. SLIM TELLS CURLEYS WIFE TO GO IN..SLIM KNOWS LENNIE COULD KILL CURLEYS WIFE.. CURLEYS WIFE LETS LENNIE TOUCH HER HAIR..CURLEYS WIFE DIES...SLIM TELLS GEOGRE TO KILL LENNIE .. SLIM HAS GEORGE ALL FOR HIMSELF (SPECULATION)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by _mk
SLIM KNOWS HOW STRONG LENNIE IS, HE KNOWS LENNIE LIKES SOFT THINGS, SLIM IS LONELY.. SLIM KNOWS CURLEYS WIFE HAS SOFT HAIR,, SLLIM KNOWS LENNIE IS ON HIS OWN.. SLIM TELLS CURLEYS WIFE TO GO IN..SLIM KNOWS LENNIE COULD KILL CURLEYS WIFE.. CURLEYS WIFE LETS LENNIE TOUCH HER HAIR..CURLEYS WIFE DIES...SLIM TELLS GEOGRE TO KILL LENNIE .. SLIM HAS GEORGE ALL FOR HIMSELF (SPECULATION)

Yes and what is the point you are trying to make?
Reply 2
Original post by 123moon
Yes and what is the point you are trying to make?

slim plans lennies death so he can have george all for himself.. slim is evil..
Reply 3
Original post by _mk
slim plans lennies death so he can have george all for himself.. slim is evil..

Oh wow! i acc have never thought of that… hmmm lol
Reply 4
quotes to back it up?
Reply 5
Original post by 123moon
Oh wow! i acc have never thought of that… hmmm lol

its just speculation ! :crossedf:
Original post by _mk

i like the idea but I also like to think that Slim likes Curley's wife so i don't think he'd want her dead.
Reply 7
much wow A* n perceptive idea v good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ediehasquestions
i like the idea but I also like to think that Slim likes Curley's wife so i don't think he'd want her dead.

maybe he tries to lead her on , by purpose because he is lonely, maybe it tries to make us think he likes her, which is why he sends her to the barn, to blackmail her because he knows he can get something better out of her (idk if that makes any sense) maybe im just over thinking because im nervous about tomorrows exam
Original post by _mk
maybe he tries to lead her on , by purpose because he is lonely, maybe it tries to make us think he likes her, which is why he sends her to the barn, to blackmail her because he knows he can get something better out of her (idk if that makes any sense) maybe im just over thinking because im nervous about tomorrows exam

i suppose it could be. I wouldn't get too nervous, as long as you stick to timings and that it should be ok.
Reply 10
Original post by Hassanr8
quotes to back it up?

'I seen her give Slim the eye.' - curleys wife flirts with slim, he takes advantage of that flirting and uses it to take things to the next level.. using her to get george
(edited 7 years ago)
this is all unique and perceptive and everything but why slim want George to himself like what does he gain by this
Reply 12
Original post by Inspiringvisons
this is all unique and perceptive and everything but why slim want George to himself like what does he gain by this

friendship, he thinks he could have what George and Lennie has.. as soon as George and Lennie arrive, slim and the newbies become quite close.. slim sticks up for lennie which would make George like him even more??
Reply 13
Original post by _mk

Raaah i never realised, now ima have to write this for my exam at the back
i suppose you could also think about it in terms in of the american dream like slim could also have something concrete
Oh my god, I've had a similar same train of thought for Slim, since some of the quotes suggest a darker personality

'Slim neither encouraged nor discouraged him. He just sat back quiet and receptive.' - This bit is followed by George opening up to Slim greatly. So Slim knows how to get information off people with arguably the most persuasive technique: silence. People try to fill silence as it's awkward to just stop a conversation midway and they're more likely to open up.

'"What'd he do in Weed?" Slim asked calmly. "What'd he do in Weed?" Slim asked again.' - Shows persistence. Slim won't stop when a subject intrigues him and will persist until he gets what he wants.

"I wisht somebody ... old an' a crippple." (in reference to Candy's dog) - Insensitivity towards Candy. Slim knows Candy is 'old an' a cripple' and may be planting suicidal thoughts in Candy's mind.

"Me an' you'll go in an' get a drink." - He says this right after the death of Lennie. Perhaps he's capitalising on the moment and trying to get through to George and seal their friendship at George's most vulnerable?

"You hadda George. I swear you hadda. Come on with me." - This quote wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't said 'Come on with me'. He consoles George after Lennie's death and tells George to 'move on' with him. Since George is in a very vulnerable state, he's more susceptible to suggestions.

(VERY speculative) After George told Slim about the trouble that Lennie got into in Weed, he knew it was only a matter of time before Lennie got himself into trouble again. Slim tested this theory with a puppy. As mentioned before, ("drowned for of them right off" in reference to newborn puppies) Slim has no moral trouble causing the death of animals, even babies. He later sees the results of his test but also sees Curley's wife's dead body. At this very moment, Slim knows that George will take the matter into his own hands as if Lennie was left to the mob, Lennie would surely die a painful death. He purposely leaves George alone during the mob chase to allow George to kill Lennie and later capitalises on George's vulnerability to take Lennie's place as George's close friend. Motivations include loneliness, jealousy and a need for companionship.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by ComedieMusicales
Oh my god, I've had the a similar same train of thought for Slim, since some of the quotes suggest a darker personality

'Slim neither encouraged nor discouraged him. He just sat back quiet and receptive.' - This bit is followed by George opening up to Slim greatly. So Slim knows how to get information off people with arguably the most persuasive technique: silence. People try to fill silence as it's awkward to just stop a conversation midway and they're more likely to open up.

'"What'd he do in Weed?" Slim asked calmly. "What'd he do in Weed?" Slim asked again.' - Shows persistence. Slim won't stop when a subject intrigues him and will persist until he gets what he wants.

"I wisht somebody ... old an' a crippple." (in reference to Candy's dog) - Insensitivity towards Candy. Slim knows Candy is 'old an' a cripple' and may be planting suicidal thoughts in Candy's mind.

"Me an' you'll go in an' get a drink." - He says this right after the death of Lennie. Perhaps he's capitalising on the moment and trying to get through to George and seal their friendship at George's most vulnerable?

"You hadda George. I swear you hadda. Come on with me." - This quote wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't said 'Come on with me'. He consoles George after Lennie's death and tells George to 'move on' with him. Since George is in a very vulnerable state, he's more susceptible to suggestions.

(VERY speculative) After George told Slim about the trouble that Lennie got into in Weed, he knew it was only a matter of time before Lennie got himself into trouble again. Slim tested this theory with a puppy. As mentioned before, ("drowned for of them right off" in referene to newborn puppies) Slim has no moral trouble causing the death of animals, even babies. He later sees the results of his test but also sees Curley's wife's dead body. At this very moment, Slim knows that George will take the matter into his own hands as if Lennie was left to the mob, Lennie would surely die a painful death. He purposely leaves George alone during the mob chase to allow George to kill Lennie and later capitalises on George's vulnerability to take Lennie's place as George's close friend. Motivations include loneliness, jealousy and a need for companionship.

thank god i wasnt the only one who thought of this, thanks so much for the quotes etc :smile: you've obviously put much more thought into this than me :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh my God

Original post by ComedieMusicales
Oh my god, I've had the a similar same train of thought for Slim, since some of the quotes suggest a darker personality

(VERY speculative) After George told Slim about the trouble that Lennie got into in Weed, he knew it was only a matter of time before Lennie got himself into trouble again. Slim tested this theory with a puppy. As mentioned before, ("drowned for of them right off" in referene to newborn puppies) Slim has no moral trouble causing the death of animals, even babies. He later sees the results of his test but also sees Curley's wife's dead body. At this very moment, Slim knows that George will take the matter into his own hands as if Lennie was left to the mob, Lennie would surely die a painful death. He purposely leaves George alone during the mob chase to allow George to kill Lennie and later capitalises on George's vulnerability to take Lennie's place as George's close friend. Motivations include loneliness, jealousy and a need for companionship.
how is this supposed to help for the exam
Original post by _mk
Reply 19
Original post by tatianaxo
how is this supposed to help for the exam

if asked a question about loneliness or slim being "godlike" it could be possible to speculate...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending