The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse ict practical summer 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ranveen Pandhal
Well hi!!! I am not at all suprised at you being so bitter and feeling unjust and all however you do realise that you helped us yes, we are grateful but you do realise that whatever was told to us was not entirely true!! And by the way really cheating i don't think so!!! I tell you why?? we didnt access the questions did we?? did we know what actually each question or task consisted of!! No! and by the way if you were doing your paper later and you need the topics then it wouldn't be cheating right!! And by the way those who gave out the topics actually saved so may students who might have got Us if they had no idea!!!! Oh, btw there are moderators who moderate this discussion and if they felt that the exam was being leaked they would have done something! Oh and please this exam had a window and it is not our problem if your teacher selected the first day possible!!! oh n also you do realise that you may need help some day and no one may give it to you because of your attitude!

Ranveen! Calm down..
Go read for Literature :P
Original post by sonia_bhayani
Ranveen! Calm down..
Go read for Literature :P

Hey Sonia!! Doing just that!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sinister6807
Well i hope all you are happy, since you guys knew what was coming, and are proud of yourselves cheating.
thanks to guys like you, it might be difficult for us to get good grades due to the boundaries going higher.
Congratulations :clap2:
I only wish the edexcel saw this. Only the students who actually worked hard without knowing whats coming, deserves good grades.
I am disgusted by you guys, and even the "kind, non selfish" people who supported ya'll by providing the questions that came.

Oh don't be jelous you can always repeat next year and then maybe someone can tell you what shows up😂😂

But seriously man... Chill out
Original post by TheShadoWolf
Oh don't be jelous you can always repeat next year and then maybe someone can tell you what shows up😂😂

Good one 😂

But yeah, you're right. Everyone should just chill and calm down. It's over anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TBF it doesn't matter if we "cheated" anyway because we all should have revised for it. This won't affect the grade boundaries because It was either power point or web authoring which wasn't going to come up. You could have done an easy guess to find out what might or might not come up. You still need to know how to use the software anyway so it didn't even make a difference. I revised a fair bit myself but seriously guys just chill. It's one exam. It won't change the world. It's not cheating just because some people told us what was on and what wasn't because a teacher mentioned above did the exact same thing. So would you call yourself a cheater because your teacher told you what was coming up? I highly doubt it.
Original post by TheShadoWolf

Oh! If u were so worried for the grade boundaries going high then why did u watch this thread from the very first day ?
And.. i accept that i didnt do what was good rather i chose the bad side what goes for you!
And trust me there are many students who still found the paper hard in my own school even after knowing the full paper so its not something to worry about.
The grade boundaries wont go high and they will be good.
Plus do good for the paper 1 theory so that u dont have to rely fully on the marks of paper 2.
Any thing can happen like if someone may not get that much great marks in paper one due to which the grade boundaries can decrease.
Just work hard for paper 1 day after tomorrow. Then you wont need to rely on the marks of paper 2.
Hey Sonia!! Doing just that!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Goodl LOL
Goodl LOL

Well its business now!!! then physics at 3:00\
Well its business now!!! then physics at 3:00\

good luck for thoseee!
chipss shall help youu :P
good luck for thoseee!
chipss shall help youu :P

Actually we'll do that before physics sawa!!!! why are we getting into bhavita's chipssy gang all of a sudden
Actually we'll do that before physics sawa!!!! why are we getting into bhavita's chipssy gang all of a sudden

sawaaaa
lool idk
i think im hungry
sawaaaa
lool idk
i think im hungry

Actually yes i think i have icecream in the fridge!
Actually yes i think i have icecream in the fridge!

lol go eat then
lol go eat then

If i an get off the tsr
If i an get off the tsr

lol okay lets not spam the guys forum, and skype me x
Reply 135
Yet again we have had sharing of details of the ICT practical paper - details on image editing, the fact there was no website question, that relationships were already created in the database and an IF statement in spreadsheet etc etc. Until the exam boards stop allowing the exam to be carried out in a window and treat it like all other exams there will always be students who take advantage to "cheat". Any pre-knowledge of what is on the paper is cheating to some extent no matter how many of those who asked for details try and justify it. More fool the students who took it earlier in the window sharing the information. The argument from someone of about 10 people seeing the info shows that they haven't quite grasped the concept of the WORLD WIDE web. Anyone searching for the info can read it. It will be interesting to see how the grade boundaries change from last year as this year's practical was less challenging than 2015.
Original post by DPD99
Yet again we have had sharing of details of the ICT practical paper - details on image editing, the fact there was no website question, that relationships were already created in the database and an IF statement in spreadsheet etc etc. Until the exam boards stop allowing the exam to be carried out in a window and treat it like all other exams there will always be students who take advantage to "cheat". Any pre-knowledge of what is on the paper is cheating to some extent no matter how many of those who asked for details try and justify it. More fool the students who took it earlier in the window sharing the information. The argument from someone of about 10 people seeing the info shows that they haven't quite grasped the concept of the WORLD WIDE web. Anyone searching for the info can read it. It will be interesting to see how the grade boundaries change from last year as this year's practical was less challenging than 2015.

The exact same thing happened last year and literally no one cared. (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3306563&highlight=igcse+ict+practical+2015#primary_content) I think you need to calm down a bit and realize it will just be the same as always... If the exam board saw it as cheating they would have done something about it by now. So please just give it a rest!
Reply 137
Original post by GliderPilotSam
The exact same thing happened last year and literally no one cared. (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3306563&highlight=igcse+ict+practical+2015#primary_content) I think you need to calm down a bit and realize it will just be the same as always... If the exam board saw it as cheating they would have done something about it by now. So please just give it a rest!

We'll agree to disagree. I am happy to read your opinion without being rude enough to tell you to give it a rest, perhaps you could extend the same courtesy to anyone else with a different view to you. Have a super day :-)
Original post by Mark 88
Hi. When are you guys sitting your practical exam?

17th May
Reply 139
Original post by Mark 88
I'm sitting it on the 16th too. Which topics do you think will come up this year?

Heyy!! You sat your ICT practical today, could you please please help us out and tell us which topics came? pleaseee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending