The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Anyone who does exams with the CCEA examination board can post: unofficial markschemes, feelings and comments on exams and predictions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Spanish Listening thoughts?? Everyone in my class thought it was far more difficult than other past papers we had done... I'd always be getting at least 35/40 in them, but i'm sure i've only got around 28 max. In our exam on friday! 😭
I'm so glad I've finally found this! What exams have you got next week? I have
Geography unit 1,Business Studies unit 1 and T3 maths.

I'm so scared of Running out of time after my Biology exam last Tuesday😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
So worried about English Lit tomorrow! Ive been sick all weekend and haven't had any time to revise😢 i have spanish reading and english lit unit 2 this week ahhhhhh
Reply 4
English lit 1 tomorrow, how much are we expected to write in an hour?
Reply 5
Original post by RJM1802
Spanish Listening thoughts?? Everyone in my class thought it was far more difficult than other past papers we had done... I'd always be getting at least 35/40 in them, but i'm sure i've only got around 28 max. In our exam on friday! 😭

It was definitely a lot harder than the French listening :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by T0ucan
English lit 1 tomorrow, how much are we expected to write in an hour?

Apparently for an A+ you need to write about 3 A4 sides with good punctuation and paragraphing...
Reply 7
Original post by RJM1802
Apparently for an A+ you need to write about 3 A4 sides with good punctuation and paragraphing...

That's a lot :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by chemistrynerd13
I'm so glad I've finally found this! What exams have you got next week? I have
Geography unit 1,Business Studies unit 1 and T3 maths.

I'm so scared of Running out of time after my Biology exam last Tuesday😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sat all those last year exams except Geography, good luck. For Business I highly HIGHLY recommend just knowing everything in the textbook :smile:
Yeah. Some people in my year have 5 this week so I guess I can't complain
Reply 10
English Lit thoughts?? I was so happy that prejudice came up and i think i did pretty well :smile: aunt alexandra not turning up though hahahaha
Original post by RJM1802
English Lit thoughts?? I was so happy that prejudice came up and i think i did pretty well :smile: aunt alexandra not turning up though hahahaha

I was unbelievably happy with prejudice!! Quite a good extract too
I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Poetry Anthology Nature and War on Friday, how about you?
Did anyone do ICT or French last week? The French listening was a bit tricky- especially the last question, but I thought the ICT paper was okay
Original post by chloecam29
Did anyone do ICT or French last week? The French listening was a bit tricky- especially the last question, but I thought the ICT paper was okay

I did French and ICT! Some of the listening stumped me but I found the last question okay, and ICT was just long haha- so many 6 markers!
Original post by Tsunaomi
I did French and ICT! Some of the listening stumped me but I found the last question okay, and ICT was just long haha- so many 6 markers!

Yes oh my the amount of 6 markers! the only things I really didn't know were what macros are, and what an actuator is. The rest was okay- that girl spending over £1000 on a party though ahahhah
Reply 15
I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Poetry Anthology Nature and War on Friday, how about you?

I'm also doing Inspector Calls, but i have Heaney and Hardy as my poetry theme :/
Original post by RJM1802
I'm also doing Inspector Calls, but i have Heaney and Hardy as my poetry theme :/

Who are you hoping to come up for Inspector Calls? I'm dreading unseen poetry- literally the worst thing ever for me:s-smilie:
Yes oh my the amount of 6 markers! the only things I really didn't know were what macros are, and what an actuator is. The rest was okay- that girl spending over £1000 on a party though ahahhah

I only knew actuator because of Technology, no idea what a macro is though lol. £1000 AND she still managed to go over budget :laugh::laugh:

What u predicting for poetry? War and nature
Anyone doing drama blood brothers tomorrow?

Quick Reply