The Student Room Group

My GCSE mock grades are really bad, help me out?

Well doing the new specification in English and maths in 2017 and my target grades are mostly B's and A's and I'm doing really bad.
I want to become an optometrist and you need a lot of A's and I keep on getting C's and D's nowadays :frown:
So here are my grades:
English:4=C
Maths:6= high B
Chemistry:C
Physics:C
Biology: I don't know yet but I think it's a C
Art:biggrin:
History:biggrin:
Spanish: U for the listening and D for the reading

I don't know what to do, nothing's working.
On top of that my head of year is pushing me since I'm in the top 10℅ of my year
Original post by Arianasxo
Well doing the new specification in English and maths in 2017 and my target grades are mostly B's and A's and I'm doing really bad.
I want to become an optometrist and you need a lot of A's and I keep on getting C's and D's nowadays :frown:
So here are my grades:

On top of that my head of year is pushing me since I'm in the top 10℅ of my year

I got As in my Year 10 and 11 mocks and in these real ones I have properly ****ed up (D grades it seems). You've got plenty of time though.
Reply 2
your sciences arent too bad, so the best advice i can give you, is top get really good in your controlled assessments and maybe your unit 1 exams, which could bring your overall grade up to a b/a , i wouldnt worry about maths too much, it comes purely with practice
I pretty much got straight A's and i flunked my gcse mocks , did u do any work for them?
Reply 4
dw too much i failed pretty much all my mocks but ended up with A*s,As and Bs for my actual exams with less than 5 hours revision for each subject lol
Reply 5
Original post by Arianasxo
So here are my grades:

For some reason you think this is bad. You wanna know my mock grades?

English = I don't even know, I was facing personal issues but the last time I did an english mock I got U.

Maths = E, on foundation.

Chemistry = U

Physics = U

Biology = U

Geography = D (I could easily get a B here though)

History = E (sad cause I was doing A's last time)

ICT = C

I need some serious praying done for me, ahaha. Seriously. Someone help. I think most of my coursework isn't above a C, it's sad because I was getting A's to A*'s in year 10.

Anyway don't stress, I've got like what, 40 hours of physics to learn in a week? Is that even possible? You have a chance, I most likely don't. Just go in there, get your GCSE's which is a GOOD pass and no one is going to look at your CV like "wow this person got a C but this person got an A uhhh"

I hope you do well tho
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest