The Student Room Group

My A Level dilemma

So I’ll give you some back ground information to understand my dilemma.

GCSE’s
6B’s in: English Lang, Maths, R.E, Biology, Chemistry and Physics

3C’s in: English Lit, Business studies and History

What I'm currently studying in year 12: History, Economics and Psychology.

So basically I've moved house and need to finish my A Levels, but there’s one issue. The exam boards don’t match. So it’s pretty much certain I’ll have to re-start year 12, but I was thinking, if I'm going to start again why don’t I start new subjects ? I was thinking about Biology,maths, geography and sociology or something along those lines.

So my question is, would it be wise to start new core subjects I haven’t done for a whole year? Should I just stick with the current subjects?Or should I mix my subjects? For example history, psychology and biology. What should I do?

All opinions and suggestions needed.
How far away is your new house from your current/ old college/ school?

I guess it kind of depends. See what your AS grades are like. If there was subjects you really enjoyed and do well in then keep it. But you can swap some if you want to.
Reply 2
Honestly wait until you've done your AS and got the results, but if you don't like the subjects at all just resist the year (Bio is awesome by the way!!)
Reply 3
Original post by Kholmes1
How far away is your new house from your current/ old college/ school?

I guess it kind of depends. See what your AS grades are like. If there was subjects you really enjoyed and do well in then keep it. But you can swap some if you want to.

2 hours :smile:, so i'll pass. & lol i forgot to say i missed the external AS exams because my courses are linear, so i wont get an AS grade.
Reply 4
Original post by AfcFob
Honestly wait until you've done your AS and got the results, but if you don't like the subjects at all just resist the year (Bio is awesome by the way!!)

My courses are linear, and i didn't do the external exams
Reply 5
Original post by iJack101
My courses are linear, and i didn't do the external exams

Speak to your favourite teacher and see what they say about the situation
Do the subjects you enjoy and will get the best grades in.

Take the advice of your old teachers and new ones. the fact you are considering new subjects gives me the impression you euther dont like or arent bothered about your previous ones.

Quick Reply

Latest