The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Graphic Design 2016

Any one got any ideas on what might come up tomorrow?
Original post by Joanna.Mag
Any one got any ideas on what might come up tomorrow?

HIII, finally found the thread.. i just did the exam. lol How was the exam..
Forrmation of GRP was a guess as I didn't see it in the textbook, otherwise pretty standard
Reply 3
Original post by Hellper
HIII, finally found the thread.. i just did the exam. lol How was the exam..

yeah not too bad.... i thought the 8 markers were quiet good too :smile:
[QUOTE="stephencurtis;65077569"]Forrmation of GRP was a guess as I didn't see it in the textbook, otherwise pretty standard[/QUOTEwhat did u.mention for that question.. Here are some but not sure if im right

Grp made of glass fibre and polyester resin. Bonded using bonding agents i.e polyester resin. What sort of diagrams did u draw.. I had no clue what to draw
yeah not too bad.... i thought the 8 markers were quiet good too :smile:

There was an eight marker on surface model and wire frame.. Can u list down some the things u wrote cause im really deperate to know :/

The other eight marker was i think on the use of waste pulp to make paper.. What did u right for them..
Reply 6
Original post by Hellper
There was an eight marker on surface model and wire frame.. Can u list down some the things u wrote cause im really deperate to know :/

The other eight marker was i think on the use of waste pulp to make paper.. What did u right for them..

for the one about the models i think i wrote what they were and how wire frame has little detail and surface model give a better idea of the finished product ( i didn't know too much about it) and them wrote how they're good and as they stated it was CAD, i gave some advans and disadvans of it too, such as that the 3D model gives a better view and saves costs.

i liked the waste pulp one:smile: i briefly put what the process of making it was and then some disadvantages (such as that it is low quality paper) and then about 2 advantages as i couldn't think of meany (such as less deforestation)

i know it might not get me 8 marks but somewhere high is good enough..... .how about you?
Reply 7
Original post by stephencurtis
Forrmation of GRP was a guess as I didn't see it in the textbook, otherwise pretty standard

i didn't like that one, i guessed on it too and i know i wont get the full 4 marks but at least it wasn't worth 5 like the injection moulding - which i like :smile:
i didn't like that one, i guessed on it too and i know i wont get the full 4 marks but at least it wasn't worth 5 like the injection moulding - which i like :smile:

Omg for the injection moulding was it one single diagram so three seperate diagrams like one is when you push the screw the other when the liquid reaches the mould and the last for the cooling. I just drew one single diagram with 5 labels.. Is that what you did?
Are you doing thw a2 theory as well or are u in year 12.. Unit 3 is on the 10th...
Reply 10
Original post by Hellper
Omg for the injection moulding was it one single diagram so three seperate diagrams like one is when you push the screw the other when the liquid reaches the mould and the last for the cooling. I just drew one single diagram with 5 labels.. Is that what you did?

yeah i did the single diagram and just labelled around each part and what it would do and what it is
Reply 11
Original post by Hellper
Are you doing thw a2 theory as well or are u in year 12.. Unit 3 is on the 10th...

im in year 12, so just doing that one exam, sorry
yeah i did the single diagram and just labelled around each part and what it would do and what it is

ahh ok, i was just reassuring XD

Anyways good luck for your future exams.
Reply 13
Original post by Hellper
ahh ok, i was just reassuring XD

Anyways good luck for your future exams.

ah thanks :smile: you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending