In a series circuit:
- The voltage adds up to the voltage supply (total voltage) - Vt = V1 + V2 + V3
- The current is the same at all points in the circuit It = I1 = 12 = 13
- The resistance is added up to the total resistance Rt = R1 + R2 + R3

In a parallel circuit:
- The voltage is the same at each point in the circuit Vt = V1 + V2 + V3
- The current adds up to the current supply It = I1 + I2 + I3
- Resistance: 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3

SEE @.Jeff458 I DID THIS WITHOUT LOOKING AT MY NOTES. OMG. MINDBLOWN. I AM SO HAPPY RN. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

:banana:
(edited 7 years ago)
I can officially say that @.Jeff458 has literally saved my life.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
i can officially say that @.jeff458 has literally saved my life.

thank youuu
In a series circuit:
- The voltage adds up to the voltage supply (total voltage) - Vt = V1 + V2 + V3
- The current is the same at all points in the circuit It = I1 = 12 = 13
- The resistance is added up to the total voltage supply Rt = R1 + R2 + R3

In a parallel circuit:
- The voltage is the same at each point in the circuit Vt = V1 + V2 + V3
- The current adds up to the current supply It = I1 + I2 + I3
- Resistance: 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3

SEE @.Jeff458 I DID THIS WITHOUT LOOKING AT MY NOTES. OMG. MINDBLOWN. I AM SO HAPPY RN. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

:banana:

No probs. I think you have the right idea but just put the wrong sign in for the voltage in parallel circuit because you said it's the same.

Just to be sure, write them out at the start of the exam. Take no more than 1.5 minutes doing this. Doesn't have to be neat, as long as you understand as it's for you and not the examiner.
I really hope theres no open ended questions on Electricity. What can they really ask about Electricity though? Any ideas anyone? :frown:

Edit: Oh. The Gas laws. Obviously. :angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by .Jeff458
No probs. I think you have the right idea but just put the wrong sign in for the voltage in parallel circuit because you said it's the same.

Just to be sure, write them out at the start of the exam. Take no more than 1.5 minutes doing this. Doesn't have to be neat, as long as you understand as it's for you and not the examiner.

1.5 m very accurate timing. Good Luck with higher on Tuesdays mate :smile:
Volume and Temperature: As temperature increases, volume increases
Pressure and Volume: the pressure increases as the volume decreases
Pressure and Temperature: As temperature increases the pressure also increases

Can someone confirm if this is right for me please?
(edited 7 years ago)
Do we need to know the symbol of an Npn Transistor ? How to draw and label it ?
Original post by Ethan100
Do we need to know the symbol of an Npn Transistor ? How to draw and label it ?

Yes.

For transistors, familiarity with the symbols for an npn transistor and an n-channel enhancement mode MOSFET. Explanation of their function as aswitch in transistor switching circuits

Thats what SQA have said.
Yes.

For transistors, familiarity with the symbols for an npn transistor and an n-channel enhancement mode MOSFET. Explanation of their function as aswitch in transistor switching circuits

Thats what SQA have said.

What is this "n-channel enhancement mode MOSFET"
What is this "n-channel enhancement mode MOSFET"

A transistor can be used as a switch.

Well basically a Transistor and a MOSFET are "process devices".

"Process devices" are devices that operate when an input level, such a voltage, reaches the required value for the device to operate.

So there are two types:

Bipolar Transistor and MOSFET transistor.

Bipolar transistor: This transistor switches on when the voltage is greater than 0.7V. The transistor will be off if the voltage is less than 0.7V.

MOSFET Transistor: This transistor switches on when the voltage is greater than or equal to 2.0V. The MOSFET will be off if the voltage is less than 2.0V.
A transistor can be used as a switch.

Well basically a Transistor and a MOSFET are "process devices".

"Process devices" are devices that operate when an input level, such a voltage, reaches the required value for the device to operate.

So there are two types:

Bipolar Transistor and MOSFET transistor.

Bipolar transistor: This transistor switches on when the voltage is greater than 0.7V. The transistor will be off if the voltage is less than 0.7V.

MOSFET Transistor: This transistor switches on when the voltage is greater than or equal to 2.0V. The MOSFET will be off if the voltage is less than 2.0V.

HOW do you know all of this :O
SMART
If anyone has anymore questions regarding physics i.e need any help with specific past paper questions or need help with majorly difficult questions then feel free to compile a list because I'm going to school tomorrow to revise with my physics teacher so I can compile a list of questions and bring back solutions if this would be of any help to people?
(edited 7 years ago)
If anyone needs Learning Outcomes for each topic I have them here also if you want to see if you've covered all of the topics at N5 Level.
Can anyone help me with these two past paper questions both from 2014 Paper

Q4b
and
Q9

question 4b.jpg QUESTION 9.jpg
I need help with Sqa 2014 paper 2 qu2 please.

Q4b
and
Q9

You could talk about the fact that no matter where the satellite go it will always be above earth and fall toward earth at the rate of 9.8 graviton all field strength. You could also talk about that the satellite spinning with the earth as well. Hope this is helpful. The next question remember the angle of the refraction is always bigger than the angle of the incident from the normal.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hey234
You could talk about the fact that no matter where the satellite go it will always be above earth and fall toward earth at the rate of 9.8 graviton all field strength. You could also talk about that the satellite spinning with the earth as well. Hope this is helpful. The next question remember the angle of the refraction is always bigger than the angle of the incident from the normal.

I thought it goes towards the normal then away ? It looks like it goes towards it when it enters the water and not away, if you understand what I mean

Thanks I was just wondering what people would write for an opened question like that. I have a few ideas now :smile:

Q4b
and
Q9

Here I did the questions for you. You could also state for the satellite question that the students statement is false lol :smile:

13250487_1547241188915221_497196615_n.jpg

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
@Hey234 Do you still need help with "Sqa 2014 paper 2 qu2 need help please" ?? :smile:

Quick Reply