The Student Room Group

How do you completely get over someone?

help.
Frog leap over them.
You accept it, delete them out of your life and busy yourself. Confront yourself about it.
shank em up and dump their body in a river.
Reply 3
With time tbh m8
My friend disappeared from all things social media when he broke up with his girlfriend. After about 2 weeks, he said he's completely over her. There's not really anything specific you can do really. But yeah what the person above me said (well some people above me)
Find someone to rebound with
Yeah, time tbh.

If it helps, you can think of how boring and bland their personalities are? Try to make them as 2 dimensional as possible, and if that dont work

Original post by roadmanchasin£
shank em up and dump their body in a river.
vodka. lots and lots of vodka
Reply 8
It happens over time. It can be painful but you should delete/get rid of everything in your environment that reminds you of him/her. Also once you are ready try to go out and meet someone new who will distract your thoughts or just bond with your current friends. One day you will probably wake up and not think about that person anymore. We all go through this a few times imo.
find a good distraction.
Original post by Anonymous
Find someone to rebound with

Don't do this. It ends up hurting another person.
Original post by Anonymous
help.

I don't think anyone can truly get over someone. You can accept that they are no longer part of your life. But you will probably always get a flashback to the good times you had with that person, probably triggered by the smallest thing. And you might even have a moment where you miss them, and that's ok. But you just continue to live your life. It's difficult, I know that. I did it though, for the better, I still think about him, and get sad that he isn't in my life at all anymore, and I remember the good times, but in the end I'm better off without him in my life, and now I'm genuinely happy, even though I know what I walked away from and could have had.

EDIT
I've read that it takes a year and a half to get over someone, not sure how true this is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Unorganisedaf
Frog leap over them.

aw man u beat me to it hahahaha
give yourself time, because time is key and its okay to reminisce about the 'good times' but remember you were fine before and you'll be fine after xx
Reply 14
Replace them, in time.
Reply 15
- Find another person
- Cut them out of your life and wait

Those are the only solutions tbh.
Time heals - doesn't mean things will be exactly the same for you as before, but as others have said, these are probably just memories more than anything else - the person who you fell in love with some years ago as a youngster might not be anything like they are today or in some years to come.

Quick Reply

Latest