The Student Room Group

Tomorrow's WJEC English Lit (OMAM + Poems) Timing Help?

Hi! I'd really like some advice on my timing. How long should I spend on the first question, the second question and then the five bullet points for poems?
Original post by saladays
Hi! I'd really like some advice on my timing. How long should I spend on the first question, the second question and then the five bullet points for poems?

I think it tells you roughly how much time to spend on each question for OMAM on the exam paper (it's like 20 mins for the extract question and 40 mins on parts b or c) and then you have the rest of the time for poetry :smile:
ahh we've been taught to spend the first hour on omam; roughly 20 on the poetry and 40 on the essay. then an hour on poetry, or like smth around that (ahh what do yah mean by five bullet points? oops i have no idea what to do about poetry tbh)
Reply 3
Original post by Rjhepkenhdjd
ahh we've been taught to spend the first hour on omam; roughly 20 on the poetry and 40 on the essay. then an hour on poetry, or like smth around that (ahh what do yah mean by five bullet points? oops i have no idea what to do about poetry tbh)

Poetry five bullet points:

- What's the poem's content?
- What does the author want you to think and feel?
- What is the mood and atmosphere?
- Track through poem
- Personal response

Then links

You'll always be asked them, you need to memorise them!

Quick Reply

Latest