The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel screwed for tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luciie
I honestly think the chances of me passing this lit exam tomorrow are truly non-existent

Don't feel scared, it will only get worse trust me
Reply 21
Original post by Revision4daysss
I am seriously screwed I haven't even read the books

Please tell me you have at least seen the films
Reply 22
Original post by roadmanchasin££
nah edexcel are good but if they do something snakey then me and my mob are gonna body them

pure pagans man trus
Reply 23
Original post by Ajju_Rocks0
What's ur lit exam on?

LOTF and OMAM
Reply 24
Original post by mellowjoker
I have decided to just come to terms with and accept my impending failure :frown:

I feel u
Reply 25
[QUOTE=sameehaiqbal;65061289]I'm from Scotland and do Higher English which is kind of the equivalent of your AS/A levels.

I've seen so many threads on people being scared for this exam. Why is everyone so extremely scared for this GCSE English Lit Exam? I just want to understand whats scaring everyone :biggrin:
For me, I'm not allowed the book in my exam meaning I have to know quotes off for almost every eventuality. I'm scared in case I won't be able to answer the question and won't be able to flick through the book and pick out something relevant haha :biggrin:
Guys lemme tell you something, If you have read the book and can vaguely remember and analyze what happened where You will get a B (No doubt).
Although I don't encourage people to aim low, last year's grade boundaries for aqa were 53/68 for an A* 45/68 for an A and 37 for a B.
To get a B it's just over HALF MARKS!
You've come so far and depending on how well you're coursework was You'll probably all do fine if you remember to explore and suggest why it was done. Honestly there's no right or wrong answer, so long as you have evidence.

Now I may have already posted this, but I'm absoloutely Shi* at english as in I am so BAD! I never paid attention in class to much, I often enganged with the stories, did all my homework on time and that's it really. I was entered for the higher tier :colonhash: but I did far far far far far way way better than I thought.
Trust me on this line, "If I can do it then anyone can do it". Just remember to tell yourself you won't have to do this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still lacking motivation?
Watch this video helps me alot :biggrin:

Good luck everyone.
May the force be with u XD
Original post by Jamie Vardy
Same. I'm just going to ******** in the best way possible.

However, it does seem some of you are just saying this and will come out with a B minimum. Is there actually anyone truly screwed?

I would say me since I haven't read the book :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: f m l
Original post by T0ucan
For me, I'm not allowed the book in my exam meaning I have to know quotes off for almost every eventuality. I'm scared in case I won't be able to answer the question and won't be able to flick through the book and pick out something relevant haha :biggrin:

I had to learn 30 quotes for my novel for my Higher English exam :P
Original post by Revision4daysss
I am seriously screwed I haven't even read the books

l m f a o :smile: :smile: :smile: same :smile: :smile: :smile:
--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by LaibaTrq
I want an A and have done such minimal revision. I barely know quotes. I am just gonna die tomorrow.

Which books are you doing?
Original post by luciie
Which books are you doing?

--
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by LaibaTrq
Of Mice and Men & An Inspector Calls
You?

Lord of the Flies and OMAM :frown:
WAIT YOU NEED TO KNOW QUOTES? (I usually just look for them).

P.S. How many pages would suffice for the first and second questions? (AQA)
Original post by roadmanchasin££
trust mans screwed for dis exam

wing it innit

mans just here fam.... roll safe blud. this lit exam better be lit AF
Reply 36
[QUOTE=sameehaiqbal;65062021]I had to learn 30 quotes for my novel for my Higher English exam :P
I feel your pain, learning quotes sucks -.-
Me 🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻🙋🏻
Original post by mellowjoker
I have decided to just come to terms with and accept my impending failure :frown:

Same here
Reply 39
Last year was proper ********. I was 2 marks off an A* at flippin' 88%.

(salty)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending