The Student Room Group

Different courses at firm and insurance - NHS bursary only covers one

I have a friend who's applied for two different courses. Her firm is dietetics, for which she'd receive the NHS bursary. Her insurance is nutrition, for which she wouldn't. She's really confused about how to apply for student finance because of this.

It'd be great if anyone could offer some insight.

Thanks!
Original post by JordanL_
I have a friend who's applied for two different courses. Her firm is dietetics, for which she'd receive the NHS bursary. Her insurance is nutrition, for which she wouldn't. She's really confused about how to apply for student finance because of this.

Thanks!

Apply for NHS bursary and the minimum student finance loan, then if she ends up at her insurance she ll need to phone student finance to change her course details and send them evidence of household income, there's a possibility some of her loan would be paid late if she ends up at her insurance.

Thanks!

Nutrition is not dietetics, they're different courses all be it covering similar topic. Dietetics leads to professional registration as a dietician with the HCPC, which is why it attracts NHS funding. She'll have to apply for student finance as a non NHS student for the nutrition course (edit: claireestelle beat me to it there).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
Apply for NHS bursary and the minimum student finance loan, then if she ends up at her insurance she ll need to phone student finance to change her course details and send them evidence of household income, there's a possibility some of her loan would be paid late if she ends up at her insurance.

Original post by moonkatt
Nutrition is not dietetics, they're different courses all be it covering similar topic. Dietetics leads to professional registration as a dietician with the HCPC, which is why it attracts NHS funding. She'll have to apply for student finance as a non NHS student for the nutrition course.

Thanks for the quick responses. So she should just apply as if she's going to her firm, and then change her application if she ends up at her insurance? Or is she able to apply twice for the two separate courses?
Thanks for the quick responses. So she should just apply as if she's going to her firm, and then change her application if she ends up at her insurance? Or is she able to apply twice for the two separate courses?

Yes just apply as if she's going to her firm then change it
Original post by claireestelle
Yes just apply as if she's going to her firm then change it

Great, thank you!
The above two are right. You can't apply twice in one year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending