The Student Room Group

Does anyone else feel screwed for tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

I went from an E a week before my exam to an A for English Lit (still not the best but honestly i wasnt really bothered at gcses lol)
Really do get some sleep, but just trying reviewing over some material before sleeping, dont stress too much
Oh and make sure you get basic things right; I spelt Priestley wrong the entire exam :facepalm:
Pretty sure I pissed my examiner off lmao
Dont worry! You'll all do amazingly I promise
I hate wjec and closed book exams:colonhash:
SAME!! Lit-erally (ha) only did revision for this exam for a few hours of today since Easter.. Oh well at least I'm not doing english next year :tongue:
I keep clicking on this thread thinking it's to do with the psychology exam tomorrow :angry:
--
(edited 6 years ago)
I have a A grade requirement for RS at one of my sixth form places, RIP, bonne chance, GOODBYE WORLD
In my coursework I winged it and got two A's and I'm currently wishing I had put in the effort with them to relive some of the exam pressure. Does anyone know what I need to get in the exams tomorrow (at least) to be able to get an A/A* overall? I'm predicted an A* but considering my coursework let me down and I'm really not prepared for the exam at all, I'm fully aware that I'm very unlikely to get that. So yeah anyone know what grade I would need to get in the exam to be able to get an A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And I thought it was just me freaking out about the English Lit exam. Quite literally freaking out.

I need a B in both English exams to do the subjects I want to do at Sixth form. In my last mock I got a D in English. I really hope Curley's wife comes up and the question "how does Hill present Horror in the WIB".
Screwed is an understatement, praying for easy questions tbh.
if anyone needs help, message me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mellowjoker
In my coursework I winged it and got two A's and I'm currently wishing I had put in the effort with them to relive some of the exam pressure. Does anyone know what I need to get in the exams tomorrow (at least) to be able to get an A/A* overall? I'm predicted an A* but considering my coursework let me down and I'm really not prepared for the exam at all, I'm fully aware that I'm very unlikely to get that. So yeah anyone know what grade I would need to get in the exam to be able to get an A overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what marks exactly did you get for your coursework? I know that an A* is usually around 80% or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Could somebody tell me how to structure my response to the unseen poetry question please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you really need to learn quotes?
Reply 53
Original post by AnthonyFalzon
do you really need to learn quotes?

yep :/
Reply 54
Nah lit is not dat bad tbh
We don't have to learn the quotes (AQA).
i got C's in my coursework, so i'm basically relying on the written exams, and to be frankly honest i doubt i'll get any good on these either - i'm just not one of those people that can think "outside of the box" for these literature based things. Like if the guys said it, then he's said it - like my brain legit whispers to me in class when everyone is proper analysing the book and i'm there like "m8 its not that deep, its fiction anyways" -.-
Lol stop stressing they are only gcses ... revise the night before and still get at least a B
Reply 58
Original post by dididid
Lol stop stressing they are only gcses ... revise the night before and still get at least a B

"Only GCSEs" - tbf, GCSEs are a big deal, for me especially considering that I need at least all A's as I want to do dentistry. Obviously, A Levels are more important but that doesn't mean that GCSEs are not as important.

Anyways, back on topic - for the WJEC students, how many quotes should I be using in the essay question to achieve about 18 marks out of 20?
Original post by t10r
"Only GCSEs" - tbf, GCSEs are a big deal, for me especially considering that I need at least all A's as I want to do dentistry. Obviously, A Levels are more important but that doesn't mean that GCSEs are not as important.

Anyways, back on topic - for the WJEC students, how many quotes should I be using in the essay question to achieve about 18 marks out of 20?

The only GCSEs requirements generally for degree courses are B's in both english language and maths. Universities won't really be too bothered what gcses you got if you've got really good a level results.Not trying to be rude just trying to help with the exam stress and pressure:smile: but you do need high predicted grades which are based of your gcses . good luck with your exams
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest