The Student Room Group

Celebrity Guess Who: Which celebrity has which mental illness?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sabertooth
Where are the answers? I'm curious. :tongue:

Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Yep. I'd love to see the answers as well :smile:.

I need to nip to Sainsbury's but I'll post the answers once I'm back ^^
Original post by Deyesy
I need to nip to Sainsbury's but I'll post the answers once I'm back ^^

Okay so this is a long Sainsburys trip? Did you get lost in there? :rofl:
Reply 22
Original post by Midnightmemories
Okay so this is a long Sainsburys trip? Did you get lost in there? :rofl:

There were many, many aisles in Sainsbury's :sad:
Reply 23
Original post by Deyesy
There were many, many aisles in Sainsbury's :sad:

Should have gone to Specsavers
Reply 24
Original post by z33
Should have gone to Specsavers

I already wear glasses :sad:
Reply 25
Original post by Deyesy
I already wear glasses :sad:

oops :redface:
Reply 26
So who wants answers? :gah: :excited:
Original post by Deyesy
So who wants answers? :gah: :excited:

Yes please!
Seriously I'm curious/shocked about everyone (except Lawrence). What's Leo got? :\
Reply 29
Original post by Tiger Rag
Yes please!

As soon as I'm home from my listening service shift, I'll post them :smile:
Reply 30
Answers are on their way! Really sorry for the delay :redface:
Reply 31

Spoiler

Answers!

1) Stephen Fry - Probably one of the easiest on the list because of how open he's been about battling this illlness and him being an advocaat for mental health charities. If you guessed bipolar; you guessed correctly!

2) Elton John - He's suffered from problems with his weight for around 40 years and has been diagnosed with bulimia

3) Russel Brand - The two disorders he's been diagnosed with are ADHD (the less surprising of the two in my humble opinion given his character) and bipolar :smile:

4) Robin Williams - He sadly suffered from depression - proving that it can be those who try and make people's lives happier; are sometimes suffering the most :frown:

5) Vincent Van Gogh - z33 actually got this right! It's believed one of the most talented artists to grace this earth suffered from schizophrenia!

6) Marilyn Monroe - I'd of assumed of some kind of eating disorder since she was a model/actress but nopes! It's widely thought she had Borderline Personality Disorder

7) Leonardo DiCaprio - Claire and z33 got this correct! He's been diagnosed with OCD; he's said on many occassions he has to try and stop himself from stepping on every gum stain he see's on the pavement :smile:

8) Jennifer Lawrence - Many of you guessed anorexia but she actually suffered from anxiety as a child :smile:

9) Lady Gaga - Ethan was closest with this! Lady Gaga has been battled with anorexia. (This was the answer I was looking for for but she's also suffered from bulimia :redface:)

10) Sir Mick Jagger - The legendary singer has actually been diagnosed with PTSD following the death of his girlfriend L'Wren Scott
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy

Spoiler

Answers!

1) Stephen Fry - Probably one of the easiest on the list because of how open he's been about battling this illlness and him being an advocaat for mental health charities. If you guessed bipolar; you guessed correctly!

2) Elton John - He's suffered from problems with his weight for around 40 years and has been diagnosed with bulimia

3) Russel Brand - The two disorders he's been diagnosed with are ADHD (the less surprising of the two in my humble opinion given his character) and bipolar :smile:

4) Robin Williams - He sadly suffered from depression - proving that it can be those who try and make people's lives happier who are sometimes suffering the most :frown:

5) Vincent Van Gogh - z33 actually got this right! It's believed one of the most famous artists to grace this earth suffered from schizophrenia!

6) Marilyn Monroe - I'd of assumed of some kind of eating disorder since she was a model/actress but nopes! It's widely thought she had Borderline Personality Disorder

7) Leonardo DiCaprio - Claire and z33 got this correct! He's been diagnosed with OCD; he's said on many occassions he has to try and stop himself from stepping on every gum stain he see's on the pavement :smile:

8) Jennifer Lawrence - Many of you guessed anorexia but she actually suffered from anxiety as a child :smile:

9) Lady Gaga - Ethan was closest with this! Lady Gaga has been battled with anorexia. (This was the answer I was looking for for but she's also suffered from bulimia :redface:)

10) Sir Mick Jagger - The legendary singer has actually been diagnosed with PTSD following the death of his girlfriend L'Wren Scott

Awesome. Thank you for that. Leonardo Di Caprio is one of my favourite actors and it looks like Van Gough has the same problem as me which I'm not sure if it makes me feel better or worse :smile:. I'm certainly no artist but I am trying to do more creative stuff at the moment like writing.

Always good to know that there are famous people out there that have to deal with mental health problems. If they worked hard to get rid of the stigma I'm sure the rest of us would benefit from their hard work. I get the feeling that some people think only losers get mental health problems which is a shame.
Reply 33
Original post by Deyesy
5) Vincent Van Gogh - z33 actually got this right! It's believed one of the most famous artists to grace this earth suffered from schizophrenia!

Aaayyyyyy perks of being dutch :lol: Van Gogh was all they went on about in school x_x
Reply 34
Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Awesome. Thank you for that. Leonardo Di Caprio is one of my favourite actors and it looks like Van Gough has the same problem as me which I'm not sure if it makes me feel better or worse :smile:. I'm certainly no artist but I am trying to do more creative stuff at the moment like writing.

Always good to know that there are famous people out there that have to deal with mental health problems. If they worked hard to get rid of the stigma I'm sure the rest of us would benefit from their hard work. I get the feeling that some people think only losers get mental health problems which is a shame.

Apologies for the lateness of the answers :redface: There's so many celebrities with OCD. It was the least surprising of all the illnesses when I was doing my research. Well it I think Van Gogh shows (as do the other 9) that mental illnesses aren't a barrier to succeeeding in life and in whatever we put our heart and mind to :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest