The Student Room Group

AQA AS Product Design 2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rubeng
Pages for wasting processes are 38-40

thanks
what manufacturing process is likely to come up as a 8 or 9 marker this year?
Anyone seen a thread for the Edexcel Product Design Graphic Products AS exam tomorrow?! Can't find one anywhere! Thank you!!! Good luck all of you X

Posted from TSR Mobile
do we need to know the symbols for polymers?
Good luck everyone !
Original post by Exams987
do we need to know the symbols for polymers?

Yea it helps and also the reasons for the symbols
Good luck everybody!
Good Luck and hopefully it will be plastics lol.
I'm predicting thermoplastics, biodegradable plastics, metal smaller question and a woods final section c maybe packaging somewhere.
Reply 108
Good luck everyone and may the exam questions be ever in our favour ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10moorej
Good Luck and hopefully it will be plastics lol.
I'm predicting thermoplastics, biodegradable plastics, metal smaller question and a woods final section c maybe packaging somewhere.

what should i revise on packaging ?
if its wood on the final question, what processes are likely to come up for the long answer?
Good luck to you all, I am sure we will get through this somehow.
Original post by zahanara
if its wood on the final question, what processes are likely to come up for the long answer?

Well you could be asked for how to create the wooden product so what types of joints would be used (mortise and tenon, dovetail etc.) what tools you would use to do this ( e.g. Jig-saw for cutting) what jigs you would have in place. What finishes should be applied (e.g. polyurethane varnish to protect against water).

That sort of thing, hope that answers your question?
Reply 113
Is there any general properties that would be useful for smart and modern materials?
Original post by Music With Rocks
Well you could be asked for how to create the wooden product so what types of joints would be used (mortise and tenon, dovetail etc.) what tools you would use to do this ( e.g. Jig-saw for cutting) what jigs you would have in place. What finishes should be applied (e.g. polyurethane varnish to protect against water).

That sort of thing, hope that answers your question?

thankss
Good luck everyone for this exam in 9 hours :smile:
:wavey:
Hi Guys, I just did the exam and one question in Section A confused me because I thought it asked for Smart materials and a use but my friends said it asked for an Alloy, did anyone remember that question?
Also for some of the maths exams there have been unofficial mark schemes on here, do they do them for product design as well?
Original post by samsimps19
Hi Guys, I just did the exam and one question in Section A confused me because I thought it asked for Smart materials and a use but my friends said it asked for an Alloy, did anyone remember that question?
Also for some of the maths exams there have been unofficial mark schemes on here, do they do them for product design as well?

the questions was on alloys not smart materials
Original post by samsimps19

It was a question about alloys, specifically 'what is the definition of an alloy'
Also i have never seen one because TSR is very maths orientated and plus it is easier to write an unofficial markscheme for maths because there is one specific answer whereas i'm not sure how you would really write a markscheme for the design questions because everyone does totally different things :smile:
Reply 119
It was definitely alloy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending