The Student Room Group

why is everyone on tsr so damn PC?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
I'm so confused.

Perhaps he wanted you to input some derogatory terminology in your answer? :lol: I have no idea either, that was a tenuous thing to take from your post...
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Perhaps he wanted you to input some derogatory terminology in your answer? :lol: I have no idea either, that was a tenuous thing to take from your post...

I am often misconstrued....but not usually by that much.

I'm still waiting to see his response; I wonder if he will elaborate... :erm:
What? I don't even understand why you have bolded what you have.

I'm just saying in my experience I see people posting inflammatory stuff all the time, not caring if they get warning, carded or banned.

What would you suggest as replacements for the word 'people' and the phrase 'in my experience' in the post you quoted from the user? :s-smilie:

I'm so confused.

You said "people" and then say in your specific experience. You can't speak for others seriously.

I'm still waiting to see his response; I wonder if he will elaborate... :erm:

Calm down seriously.
Original post by 0to100
You said "people" and then say in your specific experience. You can't speak for others seriously.

I can if I know the people I am talking about and know that they don't care if they get warnings, carded or banned. It is possible to know things about other people. Not claiming to know everyone on this site and everything they care about. Which is why I said "in my experience".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100

Original post by 0to100
Calm down seriously.

I think you are the one who needs to calm down. I don't even understand what you're alluding to. Do you want specific usernames, and sources being cited?
I can if I know the people I am talking about and know that they don't care if they get warnings, carded or banned. It is possible to know things about other people. Not claiming to know everyone on this site and everything they care about. Which is why I said "in my experience".

Well you could've specified that before that you were on about people you know i particular but you generalised when I'm sure people get pissed if they're reported come on.
I think you are the one who needs to calm down. I don't even understand what you're alluding to. Do you want specific usernames, and sources being cited?

No you're trying to make this a big thing. You haven't even addressed the op you're just quoting me with cheek.
Right I'm not gonna get honest answers tonight. Just circles and cheek. Cba seriously.
Original post by 0to100
Well you could've specified that before that you were on about people you know i particular but you generalised when I'm sure people get pissed if they're reported come on.

Since I said in my experience I wasn't generalising. It was specifically from my experience.

And your explanation as to what is bolded doesn't explain how exactly I am being PC and treading lines of fear? Like what?
Since I said in my experience I wasn't generalising. It was specifically from my experience.

And your explanation as to what is bolded doesn't explain how exactly I am being PC and treading lines of fear? Like what?

I mean really you've never been even a wee bit perturbed that you got reported or a post removed? So done with this silly discussion rofl.
Anyway all I'm saying is so they don't get cyber flamed like ganged up on or excommunicated/banned from a site, or sacked from a job, people say things carefully. It's really not an incredible statement to say so.
Original post by 0to100
Right I'm not gonna get honest answers tonight. Just circles and cheek. Cba seriously.

What are 'circles and cheek'? You are being so vague that it's hard to respond.
Original post by 0to100
I mean really you've never been even a wee bit perturbed that you got reported or a post removed? So done with this silly discussion rofl.
Anyway all I'm saying is so they don't get cyber flamed like ganged up on or excommunicated/banned from a site, or sacked from a job, people say things carefully. It's really not an incredible statement to say so.

Depends on what got reported, but I was talking about other people I know in my post. Not me.

Don't really understand why you are getting so angry.

Nope, but you said I specifically was being PC. From one post you decided that. If you look at my post history you'll see I'm not remotely PC. I don't pitter patter round anyone or walk on egg shells on this site, I say what I want.
What are 'circles and cheek'? You are being so vague that it's hard to respond.

Apparently not lol And circles...like going back and forth going nowhere, what with you quoting me with worthlessness over and over. So I'll close the circle and ignore you from here.
Original post by 0to100

Can I just say, it is necessary for forums to be moderated, if everyone could post whatever they wanted it would be ridiculous and there would be arguments on every thread.

Besides, people aren't necessarily politically correct or overly cautious on here. There are plenty of threads where people post well-structured arguments (no ad hominems) and they are still on here and their posts don't get reported.
Depends on what got reported, but I was talking about other people I know in my post. Not me.

Lol you said "in my experience..." That means you darling...and again why are you speaking for other people??

Anyway. I also know you have got to be denying feeling annoyed if you get a post reported, who wouldn't lol

Ok bye good night seriously. You and sins enjoy this thread.
Original post by 0to100
Lol you said "in my experience..." That means you darling...and again why are you speaking for other people??

Anyway. I also know you have got to be denying feeling annoyed if you get a post reported, who wouldn't lol

Ok bye good night seriously. You and sins enjoy this thread.

Nah not necassarily. And I'm speaking of other people because I know of specific people on here who I speak to regularly who couldn't give a **** if a post got reported, it's a post on the internet not exactly the most important thing in the world. These people have said this to me themselves. So yes, I can speak for them on this issue if I know their stance on this issue.

People who don't care about a silly post on an internet forum?

Jeeze, you seriously lost your cool so quick on this thread for no reason. Have a drink and chill out.
Nah not necassarily. And I'm speaking of other people because I know of specific people on here who I speak to regularly who couldn't give a **** if a post got reported, it's a post on the internet not exactly the most important thing in the world. These people have said this to me themselves. So yes, I can speak for them on this issue if I know their stance on this issue.

People who don't care about a silly post on an internet forum?

Jeeze, you seriously lost your cool so quick on this thread for no reason. Have a drink and chill out.

I didn't lose my "cool," at all. I just know you're lying.
Reply 59
Original post by 0to100
I didn't lose my "cool," at all. I just know you're lying.

Go to bed Otto.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending