The Student Room Group

TSR and threads on craving SEX

I don't know if it's a teenage stage but I'm tired of reading threads such as "horny, sexually frustrated teenage, Pakistani Muslim, Christian, so and so boy desiring sex.".
It's driving me insane. I feel like these people need to realise sex isn't a need to where without it, you'd end up dying. You'll live and when the time is right it will happen. You cannot die from not having sex, it's certainly not like food where you need to eat in order to live.
I feel like some of these people are over reacting and live in a false reality of if I don't get laid, I will go insane or lose my self. I understand that human sexuality and desiring sexual activity is a psychological drive meaning our sexual drive thrives and exists within many of us human beings. However some people act as if it's a do or die situation when it's not. Simmer down.

Another that pisses me off is- "a relationship isn't a relationship but a friendship if there is no sex" WTF Excuse me? Yea, keep thinking that and see how far that takes you in long term relationships. It's this kind of mentality that makes me question people- My grandparents have been married for 70 years and even before they where officially married they waited to have sex and in their old age I doubt they are doing anything of that nature. Also my best friend has dated her boyfriend for 3 years but they are waiting. Does this mean they are not in a "relationship"? Some people also try insinuating that those that wait are not somehow physically attractive...for one my friend and her boyfriend are gorgeous and secondly this couple is waiting until marriage to have sex and they openly speak about the positives it's given in their relationship

: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFm-_ffLyzc/?taken-by=princedonnell&hl=en

Some people speak as if in a relationship sex is what keeps the relationship stable and without it the relationship will crumble. Then if someone states they want to be celibate, people ask dumb questions such as "why, did any experience traumatise you to make that decision?" to the person stating they would like to be celibate or some how they automatically assume the person is "radically religious" F*CK off. Yes, I'm ranting because I'm just so sick and tired of these threads. Also if you think entering a relationship is just about getting laid then you have a false reality of what a relationship is.

Scroll to see replies

Good rant!
Reply 2
Somehow physically unattractive I meant
Reply 3
Actually scrap that, I was correct the first time lol
Fair enough I understand your point of view.

But I just view things very differently.

As a young man, particularly during a dry spell, it's just always on the mind. It feels like a natural extension of my personhood.

When I see attractive women ,real life or otherwise, my brain and body just tell me " we want that".

The other part is that if I'm seeing someone I can't imagine a situation where things didn't escalate physically. If I feel a mental or physical connection both the girl and I will want to get at each other. Get naked, get close and experience something.

I know we have differing views but do you understand where I'm coming from.
I've been on a few forums before that cater to a similar audience as TSR does (specifically, people within the age range of about 12-20 years old). and the most common subject is often to do with sex.

It's inevitable. Sex is great and young people learn about it and want to experience it, so of course they're going to be creating threads, asking questions and having sexual discussions. It's just within their nature. At the end of the day these forums are a perfect opportunity to talk about things they wouldn't discuss amongst their real life friends or family members, and for some people who can't develop sexual relationships very well it serves as an opportunity for them to find out where they may be going wrong. Some people worry about their sex life (or lack thereof)! If you're a regular forum member of course they are going to get annoying, you see them every day, much as I suspect you see breakup threads, "How can I get a partner" threads, and threads about favorite positions or what the opposite sex value in a partner. To top it all off and to highlight perhaps the most important point, these people are young; the vast majority of them have not matured yet and they're going to be inquisitive/naive/ignorant. Give them chance! :smile:

As for the "relationship isn't a relationship without sex"; that's an individual opinion. There's no "fact" behind it. The beauty of human relationships is that WE define the boundaries, expectations, values etc that we want in a relationship. The statement is in similar vain to "open relationships aren't real relationships", "if you don't see each other x amount of times a month it isn't a real relationship" etc. These are all personal opinions, and whilst I certainly understand and respect your opinion on the matter, others may not do so. For some, sex is an essential part of a relationship.
It's said that the two biggest motives a person has is sex and the desire to be great.

But I agree with you.
ive got one motive in life, bang gyal
How long does it take to write all that :curious: anger is coming out... is it because of examiners :redface:
And all I'm craving is chocolate. :frown:
I presume you're a girl.

We have to approach this from the perspective of the thread posters.

They are most likely:
- Teenage
- Male
- Naturally testosterone fueled
- Not "able" to have sex irl

These all lead to the "need" to post online behind a mask to let it out of their system.

You may not see the importance of it, but to them it's their escape.

I may not be correct but hey, I like psychology.
Reply 11
Original post by undercxver
And all I'm craving is chocolate. :frown:

I thought you craved love from cats :dontknow:

:laugh:
Original post by nucdev
I thought you craved love from cats :dontknow:

:laugh:

:lol: I already get that. :flutter:
Reply 13
:lol: I already get that. :flutter:

Good!
Now, I'm craving for some love from my par-poti. You have a VM of mine to reply to, I believe :tongue:

:lol:
Original post by nucdev
Good!
Now, I'm craving for some love from my par-poti. You have a VM of mine to reply to, I believe :tongue:

:lol:

:facepalm: I'll reply tomorrow! Abhi neend aa rahi hai. :yawn:

Also I got some commenting to do on your new avatar. :colone:

:goodnight:
Reply 15
:facepalm: I'll reply tomorrow! Abhi neend aa rahi hai. :yawn:

Also I got some commenting to do on your new avatar. :colone:

:goodnight:

Lol that's cool.

I knew you probably would want to :lol:

Shabba Khair aur Khuda Hafiz!
:hugs:
Original post by t3h_y0u553f
Fair enough I understand your point of view.

But I just view things very differently.

As a young man, particularly during a dry spell, it's just always on the mind. It feels like a natural extension of my personhood.

When I see attractive women ,real life or otherwise, my brain and body just tell me " we want that".

The other part is that if I'm seeing someone I can't imagine a situation where things didn't escalate physically. If I feel a mental or physical connection both the girl and I will want to get at each other. Get naked, get close and experience something.

I know we have differing views but do you understand where I'm coming from.

Please don''t get me wrong, it's completely natural to feel the way you feel and I respect that but others seem to obsess about the idea to the point where they actually believe all there is, is sex. Those kind of threads I was talking about previously are a good example. Then some guys actually dumped great girlfriends because the girl wanted to wait and not have sex. If you have different wants, I guess you'd have to end the relationship but if she's the perfect girl who respects and adores you (not you personally lol) why cut off the relationship? Sex is a skill. Some act as if she's not sexual now then she'd never be. I'm yet to find girls/women like this...even super religious women.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know if it's a teenage stage but I'm tired of reading threads such as "horny, sexually frustrated teenage, Pakistani Muslim, Christian, so and so boy desiring sex.".
It's driving me insane. I feel like these people need to realise sex isn't a need to where without it, you'd end up dying. You'll live and when the time is right it will happen. You cannot die from not having sex, it's certainly not like food where you need to eat in order to live.
I feel like some of these people are over reacting and live in a false reality of if I don't get laid, I will go insane or lose my self. I understand that human sexuality and desiring sexual activity is a psychological drive meaning our sexual drive thrives and exists within many of us human beings. However some people act as if it's a do or die situation when it's not. Simmer down.

Another that pisses me off is- "a relationship isn't a relationship but a friendship if there is no sex" WTF Excuse me? Yea, keep thinking that and see how far that takes you in long term relationships. It's this kind of mentality that makes me question people- My grandparents have been married for 70 years and even before they where officially married they waited to have sex and in their old age I doubt they are doing anything of that nature. Also my best friend has dated her boyfriend for 3 years but they are waiting. Does this mean they are not in a "relationship"? Some people also try insinuating that those that wait are not somehow physically attractive...for one my friend and her boyfriend are gorgeous and secondly this couple is waiting until marriage to have sex and they openly speak about the positives it's given in their relationship

: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFm-_ffLyzc/?taken-by=princedonnell&hl=en

Some people speak as if in a relationship sex is what keeps the relationship stable and without it the relationship will crumble. Then if someone states they want to be celibate, people ask dumb questions such as "why, did any experience traumatise you to make that decision?" to the person stating they would like to be celibate or some how they automatically assume the person is "radically religious" F*CK off. Yes, I'm ranting because I'm just so sick and tired of these threads. Also if you think entering a relationship is just about getting laid then you have a false reality of what a relationship is.

Calm down okay.
You sound sexually frustrated
Original post by fatima1998
How long does it take to write all that :curious: anger is coming out... is it because of examiners :redface:

LOOOL best comment ever.

Quick Reply

Latest