The Student Room Group

What if the question's about Curley??

Please, no...

There's not much to say at all. Apart from the fact that he's controlling..
Anyone have some quick points?
Reply 1
agressive.. hes like a 'terrier' which is seen in the bunkhouse fight which just supports his small dog like nature as hes both small and hostile. thats really it i think but I dont think hes gonna come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
agressive.. hes like a 'terrier' which is seen in the bunkhouse fight which just supports his small dog like nature as hes both small and hostile. thats really it i think but I dont think hes gonna come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you :smile:
He sees himself as above the other men. He is insecure about being short so wears high heeled boots like the boss. He is pugnacious- he used to be a boxer.
Reply 4
Idea of masculinity in the 1930's. 'Golden Gloves' winner, ideal man, yet still not respected.
Reply 5
mistreatment of women?
Glove fulla Vaseline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cdaniels2011
Please, no...

There's not much to say at all. Apart from the fact that he's controlling..
Anyone have some quick points?

"Ain't no big son off a bitch gonna laugh at me." Shows he's always picking fights and he's intimidated by big guys like lennie
Reply 8
Talk about that dirty b******'s hand in the glove :smile:
Reply 9
He typifies Slim's idea that "Maybe ever'ybody in the whole damn world is scared of each other"

and George's idea that clever guys are not usually nice.
He's Slim's opposite. Aggressive "like a terrier". Violent. Doesn't like his wife, uses her s a trophy wife. Never seen with her until her death - then is concentrated only on revenge, sheds no tears for her. Gains respect through fear - wears high-heeled boots ("Slim don't need no high heeled boots")
And if it's about Whit?
Original post by K2G
Talk about that dirty b******'s hand in the glove :smile:

Vile
Original post by Woody_Pigeon
And if it's about Whit?

Whit is a very unlikely character as he doesn't play a significant role.

Quick Reply

Latest