The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 2 *offical thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Could someone let me know what question 9-12 were on the tort section exactly as they were on the paper :-) Possibly take a picture and post it?
Does anyone have the unofficial criminal mark scheme? I couldn't find the post that had the attachment :s-smilie:
Reply 242
Original post by r*c*e*g*e*g
Does anyone have the unofficial criminal mark scheme? I couldn't find the post that had the attachment :s-smilie:

I had to remove it... Was worried about copyright 😐
Reply 243

Could you please try and find out what questions 9-12 were on the paper?
(Tort)
Original post by NHM
(Tort)

Damn! Thanks anyway :smile: I wish I could help but our school taught the contract section. Sorry!
Original post by NHM
(Tort)

9) Application of causation and remoteness of damage to the £20000 lost earnings and the promotion.

10) Duty of care has already been established using caparo test, explain if ? owed a duty of care to euan.

11) Explain the civil procedure that would take place if dan was to sue chris.

12) Briefly explain the rules of res ipsa loquitur and the burden and standard of proof and briey describe how this will apply to dan.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 246
Original post by Bruce267099
9) Application of causation and remoteness of damage to the £20000 lost earnings and the promotion.

10) Duty of care has already been established using caparo test, explain if ? owed a duty of care tp euan.

11) Explain the civil procedure that would take place if dan was to sue chris.

12) Briefly explain the rules of res ipsa loquitur and the burden and standard of proof and briey describe how this will apply to dan.

Does nobody know if it was Dan or Chris that owed a duty of care to Euan? 😂 Please find out! It's driving me mad!
Original post by NHM
Does nobody know if it was Dan or Chris that owed a duty of care to Euan? 😂 Please find out! It's driving me mad!

I'll ask when i next see my law teacher :biggrin:
Reply 248
Original post by Bruce267099
I'll ask when i next see my law teacher :biggrin:

Cheers Bruce ☺️
Reply 249
If anyone wants the unofficial criminal law mark scheme pm me and I'll email it you :-)
the more i think about my law exams the more i hope ive just done badly by my standards since im used to top marks and i havent actually done badly lmao
Does anybody know how many marks I could get if I said that the doctor broke the chain of causation? It is clearly wrong by reading everybody's comments just wondering if I would still get any and how many if I had done the actus reus correctly
Reply 252
Original post by charlotte_6898
Does anybody know how many marks I could get if I said that the doctor broke the chain of causation? It is clearly wrong by reading everybody's comments just wondering if I would still get any and how many if I had done the actus reus correctly

You haven't talked about the mens rea of the offence? And incorrectly applied causation...

In my opinion I would say that shows 'some' understanding so between 3-4 marks. With no MR I'd say its more likely to be 3/10.
Reply 253
Finally got around to doing the full mark scheme! . I'm an A2 student with a lot of exams to revise for so please appreciate the time it took me to do this.- rep if you please :-)

I'm not AQA, this is information I've gathered from textbooks/previous mark schemes.

NHM.
Reply 254

I've uploaded the full thing now.
Original post by NHM
You haven't talked about the mens rea of the offence? And incorrectly applied causation...

In my opinion I would say that shows 'some' understanding so between 3-4 marks. With no MR I'd say its more likely to be 3/10.

Well I was told if it breaks the chain to just stop at that point, I know it's wrong now but that's why I didn't do the men's rea because I did causation wrong, I guess that's not too bad considering I did it wrong
Reply 256
Original post by NHM
I've uploaded the full thing now.

Did u check the paper for the DOC question? Cos I think its Chris and not Dan
Reply 257
Original post by Jsoun
Did u check the paper for the DOC question? Cos I think its Chris and not Dan

Hi, we didn't know whether it was Chris or Dan :-) so when someone finds out for sure I'll change it if necessary! The same principles would still apply though...

RF due to giving someone contaminated food they may become ill.
Proximity between D and C in space and time.
FJR no grounds to exclude liability :-)

So even if you talked about Dan and Chris, Dan and Euan, Chris and Euan I think you'll still get the same outcome more or less...
Original post by georgia_moon
no i just said there was Actual breach for Gareth, and then said there was no breach for Harry. I felt like two lots of breach to talk about after defining both before, was loads for 8 marks.

With that question, I read it as a 'presume that there was a breach' for both Gareth and Harry, meaning that we had to conclude that there was a breach for both of them, not just one.
I did actual breach for Gareth, and anticipatory breach for Harry in order to cover both types of breach (because that is likely to have been what the examiners were looking for, and a comparison of the differences between the two types of breach).
Thought I'd input because hardly anyone seems to have done civil!
Reply 259
Original post by Millie Rose
With that question, I read it as a 'presume that there was a breach' for both Gareth and Harry, meaning that we had to conclude that there was a breach for both of them, not just one.
I did actual breach for Gareth, and anticipatory breach for Harry in order to cover both types of breach (because that is likely to have been what the examiners were looking for, and a comparison of the differences between the two types of breach).
Thought I'd input because hardly anyone seems to have done civil!

Most of us did tort 💁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending