The Student Room Group

Ladies, would you date a guy who's a bit nerdy?

yeah title says it all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if he is cute
Reply 2
What is a nerdy guy really? A guy that plays video games, has an interest in science, is into horror, sci fi and fantasy movies and all that jazz. That sounds cool to me. I'd rather date someone like that than someone who was deemed as 'cool' by society but I would have nothing in common with.
Reply 3
by nerdy am guessing you mean intelligent? intelligence is really attractive in a guy for me.
This entirely depends on whether you're talking about nerdy in the sense of an obese awkward 4chan roaming neckbeard with no social skills who never goes outside or a more-or-less socially competent person who just has "nerdy" interests.
Reply 5
Isn't it cool to be nerdy nowadays? Everyone and their nan watches Anime, the box office is swarmed by superhero movies etc.
Reply 6
Why the hell not? Nerdiness is cool. :biggrin: It really depends on the overall personality though.
Reply 7
Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!

*ahem*
Reply 8
Original post by mkap
by nerdy am guessing you mean intelligent? intelligence is really attractive in a guy for me.
A lot of women say that :lol:
yeah
Yeah :smile:
In my head there are two types of nerds I frequently encounter in day to day life.

The first, is a bit quiet, bit of an introvert. Likes books, music and films, and takes a quiet interest in the world around him.

The other type is very confident in his intellectual ability, is well read and knows a lot, and also likes to let you know it. Takes pleasure in correcting people and educating people when they didn't ask for it. Is often the member of the debating club, and thinks his opinion is superior to others. Also takes pleasure in others not knowing what he knows, and will often go along the lines of "Oh, didn't you know the source of the Nile is in Abyssinia???" Cue a five minute geography lesson which wasn't asked for.

Love the first type, cannot stand the second.

P.s before anyone corrects me, I don't actually know if the source of the Nile is in Abyssinia, it's a Sense and Sensibility movie quote.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tootles
A lot of women say that :lol:

I presume an appreciation of intelligence applies to both genders to be honest...
Original post by Twinpeaks
I presume an appreciation of intelligence applies to both genders to be honest...
Not sure what this has to do with what I said. What I said was in reference to girls who claim to like nerdy guys (as opposed to intelligent ones); many of them wouldn't know what to do with a genuine nerd.
Original post by Tootles
Not sure what this has to do with what I said. What I said was in reference to girls who claim to like nerdy guys (as opposed to intelligent ones); many of them wouldn't know what to do with a genuine nerd.

Definition of a nerd is relative though.

But equally would many genuine nerds know what to do with a woman thoug? :redface:
How comes you never see lak nerdy bros/geekz from da endz?
Maybe, so many people at my shook are anime dork nerdy. I find it weird but interesting. Wouldn't mind though going out with one of them.
Sure
nah you lot are lying you want a roaadman dont even deny it
True yes
Original post by Maestosa
Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!

*ahem*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending