The Student Room Group

AQA AS Product Design 2016 Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I put stainless steel and then kitchen utensils cos it's shiny and doesn't rust
Original post by nd2803
I put stainless steel and then kitchen utensils cos it's shiny and doesn't rust

i put same answer
I know it asked for the definition of an Alloy, but did it then ask for an alloy and named properties or a smart material named with a use and properties?
Reply 123
Original post by samsimps19
I know it asked for the definition of an Alloy, but did it then ask for an alloy and named properties or a smart material named with a use and properties?

Defiantly alloy with named property
Damn it why didn't I read the question?? Thanks guys, this was helpful :smile:
Original post by samsimps19

no , it was alloys
Did everyone get B, A, E, C for the first question?
Original post by Mooney123

do you remember the full question ?
Can i just clarify that there is no external heating in compression moulding right? Only because i put that the heat was caused by the pressure exerted by the top die whereas someone else said that the mould was externally heated but i thought that it is the extreme pressure that creates the heat and that it is the pressure that forces it into shape?
Original post by CoolCavy
Can i just clarify that there is no external heating in compression moulding right? Only because i put that the heat was caused by the pressure exerted by the top die whereas someone else said that the mould was externally heated but i thought that it is the extreme pressure that creates the heat and that it is the pressure that forces it into shape?

The plastic is heated before hand
Original post by joeowen131
The plastic is heated before hand

Dammit :facepalm: thank you though :yes:

Yes!!

Can't remember the letters but got:
Bottle = blow moulding
Vinyl Sign = CNC plotter cutter
Yogurt pot = Vacuum forming
Modelling prototype = 3D printer
Bottle = blow moulding

i got the same
Bottle = blow moulding

I failed that then!
Original post by dawideksoltysik
I failed that then!

what did you put?
Original post by dawideksoltysik
I failed that then!

Yogurt thing I put injection, I think but I was definetly thinking about it and I am not that stupid to put it as that so I think I might have put it as vacuum forming.
Went reasonably well hope u all thought so too;
Did BAEC, allow is mixture of two or more metals for enhanced properties, stainless steel- sink because shiny and doesn't rust, ear guards, goggles, corrosive, toxic?, I did q6 and fsc is forest stewardship council, materials sourced from sustainable forest etc, aluminium- ductile,malleable, spinning, press forming, shiny, lightweight, conductor etc, spinning process was ok, kettle safety/ergonomics, urea formaldehyde is thermoset electrical insulator, heat insulator so doesn't burn or shock, compression I accidentally called the bottom mould a die and I think I said the die was heated which is wrong, last question it is thermoset to hard to recycle end up in landfill, etc.

Good luck for anyone doing physics aqa tomoz I'm dreading new spec!!
Original post by 10moorej
Went reasonably well hope u all thought so too;
Did BAEC, allow is mixture of two or more metals for enhanced properties, stainless steel- sink because shiny and doesn't rust, ear guards, goggles, corrosive, toxic?, I did q6 and fsc is forest stewardship council, materials sourced from sustainable forest etc, aluminium- ductile,malleable, spinning, press forming, shiny, lightweight, conductor etc, spinning process was ok, kettle safety/ergonomics, urea formaldehyde is thermoset electrical insulator, heat insulator so doesn't burn or shock, compression I accidentally called the bottom mould a die and I think I said the die was heated which is wrong, last question it is thermoset to hard to recycle end up in landfill, etc.

Good luck for anyone doing physics aqa tomoz I'm dreading new spec!!

i am also doing physics tomorrow , old spec
Just going to chip in and say to anyone who did question 6 on the table, do you think they could've mad a less crap table for the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending