The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Latin Language 2

Hi,

I did Latin Language 2 today, the one about Nero plotting to kill his mother. So how did everyone find it? How did you translate it? I was so confused about the stomach
Omg finally someone else!! It was kinda dodgy everyone I spoke to got something alone the lines of Nero's Mother, offering her stomach to the guy exclaimed "wound me here." but don't take my word for it as I can't remember exactly what I wrote
That paper was so hard it was way harder than the first language paper. I had to do my pe exam before I did Latin as well so I was so confused I translated it as 'this wounds me' bc I'm dumb
I didn't translate that sentence right either or understand the ending :/
Hopefully I got the rest of it right but I found it harder than the past papers I did and the Language 1 paper especially
Reply 4
Original post by niv1234
Hi,

I did Latin Language 2 today, the one about Nero plotting to kill his mother. So how did everyone find it? How did you translate it? I was so confused about the stomach

i actually found it so easy except for the bit where he killed neros mum? i was like 'he placed his sword into her stomach' LOL
Reply 5
Original post by Moniqueeeee
That paper was so hard it was way harder than the first language paper. I had to do my pe exam before I did Latin as well so I was so confused I translated it as 'this wounds me' bc I'm dumb

i just said 'i am wounded' because i didnt wanna take any chances with the 'hic' it confused me so much
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
Omg finally someone else!! It was kinda dodgy everyone I spoke to got something alone the lines of Nero's Mother, offering her stomach to the guy exclaimed "wound me here." but don't take my word for it as I can't remember exactly what I wrote

I agree with you but for these two lines everyone in my school put different things for these 2 lines so we were all really confused but I think those people are right.

Original post by Moniqueeeee

Don't worry that bit was confusing, what I put was a lot dumber. I wrote ' he has wounded me. Oops. Really hoping the grade boundaries are low.

Original post by euryalus
i just said 'i am wounded' because i didnt wanna take any chances with the 'hic' it confused me so much

I know that was so confusing

i actually found it so easy except for the bit where he killed neros mum? i was like 'he placed his sword into her stomach' LOL

That was the bit I struggled on too. The two lines between after the slave girl left to the bit about the astrologers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My friend did some research about that bit after the exam. Apparently when the assassin found her Agrippina asked him to stab her in the stomach where her evil child had grown. How messed up is that?Here's the link (its Cassius Dio's account)

parthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agrippina_the_Younger#Cassius_Dio.27s_account

Anyways, good luck with the next Latin exams, I do Pliny and Virgil, I hope it goes better than this one. Also good luck for all your other GCSEs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
have you learnt the virgil yet?
have you learnt the virgil yet?

I'm doing Virgil too and I have not haha, I know it roughly but haven't learnt the whole translate yet - just trying to focus on Pliny
Wbu?
Original post by pixiefuller
I'm doing Virgil too and I have not haha, I know it roughly but haven't learnt the whole translate yet - just trying to focus on Pliny
Wbu?

Sorry just saw this now. Anyways how did you find everything? Its finally over!!
Original post by niv1234
Sorry just saw this now. Anyways how did you find everything? Its finally over!!

ikr I'm so happy to never do Latin again! :tongue:

I found the Pliny and Language 1 papers good, less happy about Language 2 and Virgil, especially Virgil with the confusing questions!

But overall it wasn't too bad :smile:

What about you?
Original post by pixiefuller
ikr I'm so happy to never do Latin again! :tongue:

I found the Pliny and Language 1 papers good, less happy about Language 2 and Virgil, especially Virgil with the confusing questions!

But overall it wasn't too bad :smile:

What about you?

Thats exactly what I'm feeling, I liked language 1 and Pliny but I didn't like language 2 and Virgil.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending