The Student Room Group

AQA Physics AS exam 24th MAY and 9th JUNE 2016 (Thread)

who else will be sitting this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by bitch.craft

I am
Reply 3
Yeah I am :/ anyone else really nervous?!! I found the specimen papers really hard I really hope grade boundaries are low for the new specifications!!
Anyone know which experiments we need to know about? Are they the same as the ones on the old specification?
Reply 5
Im so dead
Anybody predict what may come up? those specimen papers were shocking.
Did you teachers give you any tips or hints?
Original post by runningcat
Anybody predict what may come up? those specimen papers were shocking.
Did you teachers give you any tips or hints?

My teacher said to definitely revise all the quark combinations for particles and also he definitely thinks there will be a question on moments on either paper! But I am absolutely bricking it! AHHHHHH!!!! :ahhhhh:
Reply 8
anyone doing the old spec here?
Original post by ClaraGrant34
My teacher said to definitely revise all the quark combinations for particles and also he definitely thinks there will be a question on moments on either paper! But I am absolutely bricking it! AHHHHHH!!!! :ahhhhh:

same omg, I am actually so unprepared for this, Ahhhh, I honestly think Im going to fail, its not even a joke
Does anyone know if you lose marks if you don't have the right amount of sig figs for the questions which don't say you have to use the right amount of significant figures?
Original post by Caraca234
Does anyone know if you lose marks if you don't have the right amount of sig figs for the questions which don't say you have to use the right amount of significant figures?

I wouldn't think so, but it's better to round the final answer to the same number of significant figures as the given values in the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank You! Good Luck for the exam!
Original post by WhyAlwaysMe?!
I wouldn't think so, but it's better to round the final answer to the same number of significant figures as the given values in the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bitch.craft

just to confirm, is paper 1 the multiple choice paper?
Yep just written out a list of topics to cover (basically the entire specification).. now to actually start learning..
Original post by money-for-all
just to confirm, is paper 1 the multiple choice paper?

No, paper 2 is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how to calculate uncertanities ?

like what is the uncertanity of a ruler ?
uncertanity of a stopwatch etc...

THANK YOU !!
Reply 17
Guys does anyone have a list of all the experiments you need to know for the new spec for AS physics (AQA)Thanks
Original post by Inam97
Guys does anyone have a list of all the experiments you need to know for the new spec for AS physics (AQA)Thanks

Do you have the textbook? They should all be in there.
Do we need to know how to calculate the Ionisation energy!?

I cant find it on the 2016 spec anywhere.

Quick Reply

Latest