The Student Room Group

AQA Economics UNIT 2 23rd May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Accountantlolks
Okay thanks. But anyways do bar charts have to be spaced out ?

There wasn't enough room for the bar chart to be spaced out. It left 21 gaps and their were 7 dates so worked perfectly with three gaps per space. So no didn't need to be spaced out
Reply 41
Original post by sharmonraja
I think you will get a high mark, and if you included a diagram as well then that's even better

The fact that he only mentioned exports drops him marks, and with no reference/definitions of inflation/appreciation etc you won't get high marks. If you talked about BOTH diagrams, AS/AD shifting then you're in the high mark region.
Reply 42
Original post by Jibzy16
Did you refer to the data at all, I didn't, however I talked about both AS/AD, so I asked my Economics teacher and she said I'd be in the 8+ mark zone.

You said you wrote a decrease in PL, but did you specifically mention "Inflation" in there. If you defined inflation, it would have given you a better mark especially if you talked about it occurring due to a leftward shift in AD, rightward shift in AS.

I'd say 6 marks for what you wrote.

I defined 'inflation' and referred to the extract twice, included a diagram and discussed about the pound appreciating?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Roxyfreeman
There wasn't enough room for the bar chart to be spaced out. It left 21 gaps and their were 7 dates so worked perfectly with three gaps per space. So no didn't need to be spaced out

If each bar was two boxes wide, then you could've had a single box gap in between each bar
Reply 44
I think you will get a high mark, and if you included a diagram as well then that's even better

Yes I included a diagram and defined 'inflation and referred to the extract.
But I didn't discuss the supply-side impact?
Reply 45

I was afraid I'd lose my marks because I didn't space out because it said bar chart, BUT it appears to me that it's fine to draw without no spacing.

I labelled X-Axis as time, and Y-Axis as Price Index, however my teacher told me labelling it as Value/Price for the Y-Axis would have been better.
If each bar was two boxes wide, then you could've had a single box gap in between each bar

Yeah obviously but you wouldn't really be able to fit in the date within two spaces

Probably would be fine either way I guess
Original post by Jibzy16
The fact that he only mentioned exports drops him marks, and with no reference/definitions of inflation/appreciation etc you won't get high marks. If you talked about BOTH diagrams, AS/AD shifting then you're in the high mark region.

I talked about imports, exports, appreciation, deflationary pressure, defined two terms and included a diagram with AD shifting to the left but I didn't talk about AS shifting to the right. How many marks do you think I would lose
did anyone do context 2 pls guys im really worried
Reply 49
For the MPC, on what conclusion could make if there is a current account surplus even though trade in goods and services is in defict?
Some options included:
- income/transfers etc positive
- value of exports > value of imports
Yeah obviously but you wouldn't really be able to fit in the date within two spaces

Probably would be fine either way I guess

I did because I wrote it vertically down 😂
Reply 51
Original post by SANTR
Yes I included a diagram and defined 'inflation and referred to the extract.
But I didn't discuss the supply-side impact?

If you defined and referred to text but missed out AS diagram, you'd probably be on 7/8 marks! Reason you can't really get more than 7 or 8 is because 2/3 marks are generally given for the other side, i.e. diagram for imports.

2 diagrams were required to show that both an increase in value of the £ leads to a drop in PL, hence a decrease in inflation.
Original post by SANTR
For the MPC, on what conclusion could make if there is a current account surplus even though trade in goods and services is in defict?
Some options included:
- income/transfers etc positive
- value of exports > value of imports

The option I chose was 'the combination of primary and secondary incomes (transfers) was positive'
Reply 53
I talked about imports, exports, appreciation, deflationary pressure, defined two terms and included a diagram with AD shifting to the left but I didn't talk about AS shifting to the right. How many marks do you think I would lose

8 marks maximum to be honest, you needed both sides to form a valid argument that both imports/exports would cause PL to drop.
Original post by Jibzy16
If you defined and referred to text but missed out AS diagram, you'd probably be on 7/8 marks! Reason you can't really get more than 7 or 8 is because 2/3 marks are generally given for the other side, i.e. diagram for imports.

2 diagrams were required to show that both an increase in value of the £ leads to a drop in PL, hence a decrease in inflation.

no u dont need no diagrams for 10 markers lol u've failed
Reply 55
For the MPC on the question regarding GDP and population, some of the options were
-3% and 8%
-Population was higher than GDP
What did you guys select?
Reply 56
Original post by Urbanterwicz
no u dont need no diagrams for 10 markers lol u've failed

If you have defined both sides and mentioned that AS/AD shift, then that's fine, other than that if you only mentioned AD shifting left and not talked about AS at all by EITHER showing a diagram/explanation then you'll drop marks.

I mentioned diagrams, because I was under the impression that people drew diagrams instead of fully explaining it. I didn't mean that without diagrams you'd lose marks, as long as you explained it clearly and showed BOTH sides of the strengthening of the pound, then you're fine.
Original post by Jibzy16
If you have defined both sides and mentioned that AS/AD shift, then that's fine, other than that if you only mentioned AD shifting left and not talked about AS at all by EITHER showing a diagram/explanation then you'll drop marks.

I mentioned diagrams, because I was under the impression that people drew diagrams instead of fully explaining it. I didn't mean that without diagrams you'd lose marks, as long as you explained it clearly and showed BOTH sides of the strengthening of the pound, then you're fine.

suck ya mum rudeboi
Reply 58
No you won't, you could talk about either AS or AD and still achieve full marks. If they had wanted the effect on bother AD and AS then they would've specified
Anyone. Done context 2 & what did you write for 10&25 markers.

Quick Reply

Latest