The Student Room Group

Can I walk out on a A-level exam?

I have 2 general studies exams coming up and I was wondering if I could just walk out. My cousin told me you can (Not a reliable source tho lol) walk out after 30 minutes and 15 minutes before it ends.
I'm sure you could walk out if you had the guts to do it! In my school, walking out is unheard of. Were you intending to walk out once you were finished with the exam, or beforehand? I once left my Spanish exam ten minutes early because I'd finished and needed to catch the bus! I just raised my hand and quietly asked one of the examiners.
Original post by TheTakers
I'm sure you could walk out if you had the guts to do it! In my school, walking out is unheard of. Were you intending to walk out once you were finished with the exam, or beforehand? I once left my Spanish exam ten minutes early because I'd finished and needed to catch the bus! I just raised my hand and quietly asked one of the examiners.

LOL I don't even want to do the exam. I'll probably draw some pictures on the exam paper and after 30 minutes, I'll ask if i could leave.
Original post by ZULU-WARRIOR
LOL I don't even want to do the exam. I'll probably draw some pictures on the exam paper and after 30 minutes, I'll ask if i could leave.

Aha, gotcha! You sound like my best friend who did something similar. Alternative could be just don't turn up?
Original post by TheTakers
Aha, gotcha! You sound like my best friend who did something similar. Alternative could be just don't turn up?

:/ If I don't turn up school will end up giving me a fine.
Yes you can walk out, but it needs to be in accordance with their rules. Some prevent you leaving in the last bit of the exam so as not to disturb others. Check with the invigilator.
You could just try the exams. What'll you do in the time after you walk out anyhow? If you lack a good answer, then just make an attempt at the exams, and you might just get something out of them if you're good at guessing answers.
Original post by Jazzyboy
You could just try the exams. What'll you do in the time after you walk out anyhow? If you lack a good answer, then just make an attempt at the exams, and you might just get something out of them if you're good at guessing answers.

General studies exam is a way the school makes money off us. Some teacher even admitted people who get above a C gets the school funding. Plus why would I waste 2 hours on one exam that doesn't even count towards anything. I'll probably just go home and revise for my maths exam :smile:
Reply 8
You need to ask your teachers. As general rule, unis are usually the places that have the 30-15min rule. No reason to walk out anyway, though.
Original post by ZULU-WARRIOR
I have 2 general studies exams coming up and I was wondering if I could just walk out. My cousin told me you can (Not a reliable source tho lol) walk out after 30 minutes and 15 minutes before it ends.

Yes you should be able to. It is technically allowed in the exam regulations but schools can excercise their discretion and not allow it.
Original post by natninja
Yes you should be able to. It is technically allowed in the exam regulations

The exam regulations say that candidates have to stay for at least an hour or until the end of the exam, which ever is shorter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending