The Student Room Group
What's wrong with that?
as long as the boy gets the ball in the back of the onion bag he can be a koala-botherer for all i care :yep:
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
What's wrong with that?

Nobody said anything was wrong..
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
Nobody said anything was wrong..

Bringing it up indicates that the OP thinks there's something wrong with it.
Original post by Zerforax

What? No lol... you off your head?
Can you teach me to read minds like you do? Because that's the only way you could know for sure.

Also, so what? Do gay men play better or worse football? Is there any evidence on that, would be interesting but I fear a search with either bring back NSFW results, or ones about American football...
Original post by minimarshmallow
Can you teach me to read minds like you do? Because that's the only way you could know for sure.

Also, so what? Do gay men play better or worse football? Is there any evidence on that, would be interesting but I fear a search with either bring back NSFW results, or ones about American football...

I think its nice that he's gay.
Original post by James.Carnell
I think its nice that he's gay.

My interest is in his ability to play (or not play) good football, not in dating him, so I am indifferent to his sexual orientation unless for some reason it would make him better or worse... (I'd like worse, though).

-_- seriously, so he's homophobic just because he said he was gay. LOOOL.
Forget civil partnerships! I am having a proper wedding on Wednesday, **** England!
Original post by Dodgypirate
What? No lol... you off your head?

Original post by ABeingOnEarth
-_- seriously, so he's homophobic just because he said he was gay. LOOOL.

So why bring it up otherwise? Sterling hasn't come out as gay or bisexual (actually has a young family).
So why bring it up otherwise? Sterling hasn't come out as gay or bisexual (actually has a young family).

To insult Sterling?

Everyone knows he's not gay. OP has something against Sterling not gays lol. Wind your neck in
To insult Sterling?

Everyone knows he's not gay. OP has something against Sterling not gays lol. Wind your neck in

And you don't see anything wrong with trying to insult someone by calling them gay..?

:facepalm:
Reply 14
Guys, I think I know something else, too.

Wayne Rooney is definitely straight. Like he is so straight, he loves women so much, he even pays them for sex!

How about that :holmes:
And you don't see anything wrong with trying to insult someone by calling them gay..?

:facepalm:

I do, but calling someone gay doesn't mean you have anything against all gays, it just means you're a bellend.

I didn't think you'd have such a knee-jerk reaction to calling someone gay...
I do, but calling someone gay doesn't mean you have anything against all gays, it just means you're a bellend.

I didn't think you'd have such a knee-jerk reaction to calling someone gay...

How is that not homophobic? Using gay as an insult in this context certainly shows to me that said person is (A) a dick and (B) also homophobic.

It's really not kneejerk - if you insult someone for their gender, race then that can have a wider impact. It's really perceived as quite threatening - but unless you're part of a group which involves oppression then it can be quite difficult to actually appreciate. I'm talking as a white, fairly privileged, straight, not disabled, no mental health etc so I'm lucky that I don't really face any oppression, due to how society leans in my favour for my type of person, but just attempt to appreciate that position rather than think it's just bad banter, because there underlies a lot larger issues.

You see it all the time though, people on the other side of this debate arguing against this - it's either that person hasn't really thought their view out, or they are deeply prejudiced inwardly and are getting defensive about something they have no real right to get defensive about, but are often insecure about said minority. But when the majority of this forum is under 20 then it isn't surprising to see such attitudes as common place. I just would never expect it to see it where I am, at work or socially, because people are aware and fortunately I choose not to hang around with people who's attitudes are misogynistic and homophobic (attitudes that unfortunately are usually linked). I digress...
(edited 7 years ago)
This can't end well. Closed.

Latest