The Student Room Group

My Boyfriend broke up with me because of long distance relationship.

I have been with my boyfriend for nearly six months and we never ever argue while we were dating. However, knowing that I might have to leave for my internship which made us have alot of discussion about this.

At first he was willing to try long distance relationship. Now he has changed his mind and said that he can't emotionally carry on. He can't stand seeing us arguing about the long distance and fought about it. He said he can't stand seeing the girl he love is going to change and he wants to end it with good memories we had. He basically said he felt different. But we both have a tough week - it was during exams period. Could it be that he make this decision because he is stress? Or he stopped loving me.

I managed to somehow convinced him yesterday and he said he will try to carry on for me and I ask him if he is going to be normal. But the way he texted is so short and not the same when I text him normally. Althought it was still contant. I decided to directly ask him and he said I do love you but I can't carry on. In the end I said okay I tried everything and he doesnt want to then ok. He said Ok too. I seriously dont know what to do? Does he even love me? Was it a dream that I think what we had was real?

He acts so cold and distant....He changed the relationship status about hanging out with friends on snapchat ..
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hdavidson99
I have been with my boyfriend for nearly six months and we never ever argue while we were dating. However, knowing that I might have to leave for my internship which made us have alot of discussion about this.

At first he was willing to try long distance relationship. Now he has changed his mind and said that he can't emotionally carry on. He can't stand seeing us arguing about the long distance and fought about it. He said he can't stand seeing the girl he love is going to change and he wants to end it with good memories we had. He basically said he felt different. But we both have a tough week - it was during exams period. Could it be that he make this decision because he is stress? Or he stopped loving me.

I managed to somehow convinced him yesterday and he said he will try to carry on for me and I ask him if he is going to be normal. But the way he texted is so short and not the same when I text him normally. Althought it was still contant. I decided to directly ask him and he said I do love you but I can't carry on. In the end I said okay I tried everything and he doesnt want to then ok. He said Ok too. I seriously dont know what to do? Does he even love me? Was it a dream that I think what we had was real?

He acts so cold and distant....He changed the relationship status about hanging out with friends on snapchat ..

He doesn't want a relationship with you, long distance isn't ideal for him. All you can do now is move on.
Reply 2
1. 6 months is nothing
2. you are (both) probably quite young
3. if he doesn't like the idea of you changing you are best shot of him - if he really loved you he would want the best for you and if he weren't insecure would know that your relationship should be capable of evolving as you both grow and change
4. time to look forward and move on
Reply 3
[QUOTE=Pariah;65068369]1. 6 months is nothing
2. you are (both) probably quite young
3. if he doesn't like the idea of you changing you are best shot of him - if he really loved you he would want the best for you and if he weren't insecure would know that your relationship should be capable of evolving as you both grow and change
4. time to look forward and move on

1. We are so connected it though - I never felt like this with anyone else.
2. He is two years younger than me.
3. What do you mean by I'm the best shot of him?
4. I want to know if he move on already..
Reply 4
[QUOTE=xobeauty;65068345]He doesn't want a relationship with you, long distance isn't ideal for him. All you can do now is move on.
Thank you so much for replying. I just can't believe he decided so easily on me.

Tbh, it looks like he isn't willing to try a long distance relationship with you, which is alright at Long distance isn't for everyone.

If you are trying to persuade him to try and make it work- I would suggest you stop. One, because it implies that the relationship is kind of one sided if only one person is willing to put in the effort, and two, if at the end of the day, you do persuade him, my best bet would be that he would still feel half hearted about the whole thing.

I would suggest you try to move on, chin up! There are plenty of other people still out there! :smile:
Reply 6

He is two years younger than me.

Maybe that's why he doesn't understand your choice?
Why... are... people.... so... stupid... whats ... wrong... with..... a.... few.... years... of .... LDR..... wtf
Reply 8
How long is your internship?

You are bound to be upset in this situation. You've invested a lot of emotion, and it looks to you right now that what you prize is going to be lost. Slow your thinking down, take your time, nothing is lost by a bit of time out. How can you support yourself while you are feeling vulnerable?

As hard as it is, forget him and cut all forms of contact with him.
Original post by cookiemonster15
Tbh, it looks like he isn't willing to try a long distance relationship with you, which is alright at Long distance isn't for everyone.

If you are trying to persuade him to try and make it work- I would suggest you stop. One, because it implies that the relationship is kind of one sided if only one person is willing to put in the effort, and two, if at the end of the day, you do persuade him, my best bet would be that he would still feel half hearted about the whole thing.

I would suggest you try to move on, chin up! There are plenty of other people still out there! :smile:

Thank you for your reply.

I stopped already. Im tired and hurt so wouln't bother. It ached me so much when he kept on saying I do love you and I honestly can't. He did cry in front of me. He is such a different person in text and in person. On snapchat he post hanging out with his friends and changing facebook status to single. I am wondering if its that easy for him to move on? Or is he just showing it to me...
Original post by Rock Fan
As hard as it is, forget him and cut all forms of contact with him.

is that mean deleting everything or just ignore him?
Original post by Shumaya
How long is your internship?

For 10 months minimum. But i I am not sure if I get a placement in UK or abraod it depends whether I get accepted. If UK we are basically in the same country.
Original post by K2G
Maybe that's why he doesn't understand your choice?

Im not sure too he is mature though.
lol your boyfriend ****ing despises you

At first he was willing to try long distance relationship. Now he has changed his mind and said that he can't emotionally carry on. He can't stand seeing us arguing about the long distance and fought about it. He said he can't stand seeing the girl he love is going to change and he wants to end it with good memories we had.

How long is the intership for? Six months isnt a very long relationship. If it was for a year, then its a reasonable amount of time to have to do a ldr, but quite manageable.

His explanation above is a load of lolsome baloney. The truth is he might like you, but he doesnt love you and he doesnt like you long enough to wait. He's not that into you. Dont take it personally , just move on as it would have most likely ended anyway as it ran out of steam. Wgen someone really loves you then this would be seen as just a minor thing to deal with together.
Original post by 999tigger
How long is the intership for? Six months isnt a very long relationship. If it was for a year, then its a reasonable amount of time to have to do a ldr, but quite manageable.

His explanation above is a load of lolsome baloney. The truth is he might like you, but he doesnt love you and he doesnt like you long enough to wait. He's not that into you. Dont take it personally , just move on as it would have most likely ended anyway as it ran out of steam. Wgen someone really loves you then this would be seen as just a minor thing to deal with together.

The Internship is for 10-12 months. Idk too he did get teary and cry. He was all quiet too. It makes me confuse when he says I dont want to lose all of you like break up badly ect. I will just try my best but I dont know how to move on when im on my exams periods :frown:. I wanna revise and focus but I just can't. I cried for two days now at random time.
Original post by Urbanterwicz
lol your boyfriend ****ing despises you

Why do you think he is doing that?
The Internship is for 10-12 months. Idk too he did get teary and cry. He was all quiet too. It makes me confuse when he says I dont want to lose all of you like break up badly ect. I will just try my best but I dont know how to move on when im on my exams periods :frown:. I wanna revise and focus but I just can't. I cried for two days now at random time.

You need to get your priorities right and agree with yourself theres nothing youcan do now and that your exams are most important. Throw yourself into exams, write down a to do list for things to deal wiith after. Only a small % of relationships will last, so just tell yourself it wasnt as strong as you thought. Imo he is weak, but he is also doing you a favour rather than letting it drag on.

The danger is you let it affect your exams and they will be with you a lot longer than a relationship. Id have left any break up till after the exam (a few more weeks?), so its hardly being considerate.

You still need to eat, sleep and revise. Put 30 mins aside each morning and evening to cry your eyes out if its that bad, but yoiu must focus on whats important.

Latest

Trending

Trending