The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Msc Finance Virtual Interview 2016/2017 intake

Hello all,

I got a virtual interview on the 12th of May for Msc Finance. I just wanted to see if anyone else got an interview for the 16/17 intake? if so, can you please share the questions that were asked so I can get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

anyone??
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I called the admission office the other day. Based on what they said, the system has a question pool having 15 questions in total and you will be asked to answer 5 of them. Generally speaking, it is like a job interview, some competency based questions and some normal questions like why do you choose this programme. I think what they want to test is your ability to think on your feet. It is quite difficult to prepare for this interview. 1 minute for each question is far too short so I would say do some preparation and then go with confidence. Good luck :smile:
Original post by Lindazx
I called the admission office the other day. Based on what they said, the system has a question pool having 15 questions in total and you will be asked to answer 5 of them. Generally speaking, it is like a job interview, some competency based questions and some normal questions like why do you choose this programme. I think what they want to test is your ability to think on your feet. It is quite difficult to prepare for this interview. 1 minute for each question is far too short so I would say do some preparation and then go with confidence. Good luck :smile:

Thanks a lot! I did my interview ! i think i did okay. did you also apply for msc finance? have you gotten any feedback yet?
Reply 4
Original post by nathanthomas
Thanks a lot! I did my interview ! i think i did okay. did you also apply for msc finance? have you gotten any feedback yet?

Not yet. Have you? I submitted mine on 10th.
Original post by Lindazx
Not yet. Have you? I submitted mine on 10th.

not yet as well. I submitted on the 12th. decisions made by 26th may but i honestly thought i would get a response by now. Do you anyone who got a decision already for round 3?
Reply 6
not yet as well. I submitted on the 12th. decisions made by 26th may but i honestly thought i would get a response by now. Do you anyone who got a decision already for round 3?

I thought so. I know a girl who applied Msc Management. She submitted the video about a week earlier than me and has not got response yet. So I guess we just have to be more patient :wink:.
Original post by Lindazx
I thought so. I know a girl who applied Msc Management. She submitted the video about a week earlier than me and has not got response yet. So I guess we just have to be more patient :wink:.

yeah you're right! I think we should have applied in the earlier rounds to higher our chances! if you don't mind, can you tell me what is ur background?
Reply 8
yeah you're right! I think we should have applied in the earlier rounds to higher our chances! if you don't mind, can you tell me what is ur background?

Agree! I made this decision very late, probably just a week before the deadline lol . I am doing a engineering degree. How about you?
Original post by Lindazx
Agree! I made this decision very late, probably just a week before the deadline lol . I am doing a engineering degree. How about you?

I graduated with a mechanical engineering degree from an american university 2 years ago with a 3.0 gpa. I have 1.5 years of experience in a financial software company. I did not submit any gmat altho i did say in application that i will be taking it soon but then realized that i have no time for it :tongue: Hopefully they wont tell me to sit the exam. Did you submit any gmat score?? I also think that getting an interview is a good sign as we are a step closer and personally i do not know anyone that got rejected after an interview. So Finger crossed!
Reply 10
Wow, shake hands, another engineer :smile: I am not graduated yet, should be between 2:1 to first, it depends on how I perform in my final exam. My work experience was in an aerospace company. Honestly, I don't have any financial background nor GMAT, hopefully that won't be a problem. Good to know not many people being rejected. Finger crossed!
Original post by Lindazx
Wow, shake hands, another engineer :smile: I am not graduated yet, should be between 2:1 to first, it depends on how I perform in my final exam. My work experience was in an aerospace company. Honestly, I don't have any financial background nor GMAT, hopefully that won't be a problem. Good to know not many people being rejected. Finger crossed!

I dont think it will be a problem! Since it is a quantitative program then i think engineers have an advantage ( that is what i want to believe lol). Anw will keep you posted and good luck!!
Reply 12

I submitted my video interview on 10th May and haven't heard anything from the school yet too! Will they notify everyone on a decision on the day of 26th May itself? Or could this be earlier than 26th May?
Reply 13
Hello to both of you.

I submitted my video interview on 10th May and have not heard anything from the school too. I am currently working as an engineer and graduated with a first class degree from UK university. Do you know what is the likely acceptance rate for MSc Finance at Imperial?
Original post by FarahMY
I submitted my video interview on 10th May and haven't heard anything from the school yet too! Will they notify everyone on a decision on the day of 26th May itself? Or could this be earlier than 26th May?

well it is said that decisions will be made BY may 26th which means usually no longer than may 26th so decisions can be made before. But i dont know anyone who has received yet. As for the acceptance rate, I am guessing it is low especially that we are applying in the last round but i dont think there is any specific rate published. Do you anyone who got an interview and got an offer already?
Reply 15
Well, I just found I was rejected. If you log on to your student e-service page, you may notice the application status has changed. Good luck, guys!
Original post by Lindazx
Well, I just found I was rejected. If you log on to your student e-service page, you may notice the application status has changed. Good luck, guys!

oh damnn! Im so sorry to hear that! I just logged in to check and my application is still being processed. Did you apply for a second program?
Reply 17
I received an email stating that the space is highly competitive and I am currently being put in the waiting list. My application is still being processed in the system.
Original post by FarahMY
I received an email stating that the space is highly competitive and I am currently being put in the waiting list. My application is still being processed in the system.

oh okay! still nothing from my side! Maybe it is because I did my interview on the 11th. Did you apply for a second program?
Reply 19
oh damnn! Im so sorry to hear that! I just logged in to check and my application is still being processed. Did you apply for a second program?

I also chose investment and wealth management which is unsuccessful as well. I think your background is stronger than mine so best wishes with your application :smile:

Quick Reply