The Student Room Group

RAMADAN 2016 Any muslims planning on secretly not fasting?

Scroll to see replies

Interesting , thank you ^^ My father does brush his teeth during Ramadan and encourages us to do it but my mum is really against it.
Original post by Manexopi
Interesting , thank you ^^ My father does brush his teeth during Ramadan and encourages us to do it but my mum is really against it.

You can brush your teeth but not swallow the water. I'll be using a miswak during this Ramadan In'shaa'Allah, if you can get one, use that instead? If not just brush teeth but be careful.
My family is telling me not to fast because most likely on the first of ramzan, I'm going to have a history and Econ paper on the same day. I'll fast after the exams, you can also make up for your missed Rozas
Original post by mirah01
My family is telling me not to fast because most likely on the first of ramzan, I'm going to have a history and Econ paper on the same day. I'll fast after the exams, you can also make up for your missed Rozas

It is sinful to miss an obligatory fast without a valid enough reason. Personally i think anybody could get through exams while fasting its really not that hard unless you've got a disability/illness ( but you'd be excused from fasting in that cause anyway). Ive got a few a level exams 2 weeks into exams and in she Allah ill be fine and i think you will be fine too.
Original post by Anonymous
So how comes my sister has always fasted, been a good muslim and still failed her exams and not gotten into uni even though she prayed and prayed ? that excuse that allah will help you is poppycock, it's down to individual effort otherwise he would have helped my sister

you can't expect that praying alone will help you succeed in exams but rather praying alongside hard work ,revising e.t.c will help you succeed in sha Allah
Original post by Unorganisedaf
You can brush your teeth but not swallow the water. I'll be using a miswak during this Ramadan In'shaa'Allah, if you can get one, use that instead? If not just brush teeth but be careful.

who swallows the water when they brush their teeth ?
Original post by Taroba123
You forgot to mention Allah swt all seeing all hearing. Inshallah Allah can guide you, you don't fast for your mother you do it for Allah swt.
And if it's being done without faith? Then it's lip-service, more insulting than anything else, surely.
Original post by dididid
you can't expect that praying alone will help you succeed in exams but rather praying alongside hard work ,revising e.t.c will help you succeed in sha Allah

then that just proves its the hard work that gets the good grades, not the praying
I'm gonna start fasting once exams are over.. Don't wanna jepodise a chance to get good grades because I was too hungry and had no brain power...
then that just proves its the hard work that gets the good grades, not the praying

of course its the hard work that gets you the grades but the ability of doing hard work comes from praying.
Cant wait to go out with the lads for a nice halal hog roast and get absolutely wasted later!
Original post by dididid
of course its the hard work that gets you the grades but the ability of doing hard work comes from praying.

The cringe is strong on this one!
Original post by IAMADAM27
The cringe is strong on this one!

Ne need for that input at all
Original post by dididid

thats a lot of garbage youve written there. what about the ppl who work hard and dont believe in god ?
thats a lot of garbage youve written there. what about the ppl who work hard and dont believe in god ?

They don't exist! :wink: Remember everyone turns to the big g-boy at some point in tyheir lives (Just lolling wiv u:wink:)
if I see any muslim eating a twix I am going to stone them inshallah
who swallows the water when they brush their teeth ?

It's called accidental swallowing of the water. Ever heard of the concept? Lol
Original post by karl pilkington
if I see any muslim eating a twix I am going to stone them inshallah

I'm thinking some good weed would be great for stoning them with.
Original post by champ_mc99
Ahhh resulting to ad hominem and insults when your argument fails. I just checked Edexcel. Anything apart from a U is a pass. :tongue:

I'm not the one who doesn't believe in DNA. My argument didn't fail, you are simply too narrow-minded to realise the truth. Either that or your just joking about not believing in DNA, and I hope for humanity's sake its the latter. Also I know DNA exists because I've run experiments with it, amongst other reasons.
Original post by akeel1001
So why did darwin convert on his death bed to Christianity?
please explain

He didn't. That was just a rumour, most likely spread by Christians of the time wanting to attack Darwinist ideas. Besides, Christianity and Darwinism doesn't have to conflict necessarily, if you treat the bible as a metaphor. The story of creation for example, runs strong parallels with how we believe Earth was created. If you assume 1 day is many millions of years then it sort of works. Ish. You must have done some essay like that in RS or something??? Anyway, despite potential for compatibility between Christianity and Evolution, I'm still an atheist. And so was Darwin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending