The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Anyone been offered jobs in the South Wales area? I'm already a civil servant with SC clearance and was made a provisional offer the day the results were given on 11.05.16 but have heard nothing since. Normally it wouldn't phase me but I'm hearing of people on the reserve list receiving formal offers.... eeek.
Brilliant! Flexitime means you have flexible start/finishing times, for example my current start time is between 0700 and 0930. If you build up enough flexi you can use it as time off.
Original post by trojka08
Brilliant! Flexitime means you have flexible start/finishing times, for example my current start time is between 0700 and 0930. If you build up enough flexi you can use it as time off.

Perfect thanks for this, I am concerned about working till 8pm as I have childcare restrictions, does anyone know if I can bring this up or have anything arranged? Thank you
Anyone who has got a provisional offer in London does your status still say that they're doing the pre-employment checks?
Amazing scores! Good luck
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 325
I applied for London and it still says pre- employment checks being carried out. I sent them the information they requested last Wednesday Night, when did you sent your info to them?
I think they need people quickly so I feel they will be moving fast on their side, but the waiting is killing....
Original post by Superflyish24
Anyone who has got a provisional offer in London does your status still say that they're doing the pre-employment checks?

Mine still says they're doing checks. Has anyone received their formal letter yet? If so what area did you apply to? And also what was the time frame between doing the checks to receiving the formal letter?
I emailed the London contact to see my position on the reserve list. With a score 5565, do I have any chance of coming off the list??
Original post by Jones23
Oh well done thats great news

My freind work has worked there years has says they have made them all sign new contracts with 8pm finish and weekend work .
Original post by Cupcakekidnapper
Mine still says they're doing checks. Has anyone received their formal letter yet? If so what area did you apply to? And also what was the time frame between doing the checks to receiving the formal letter?

Hope the checks are completed by the end of the week.
Original post by BigFatVegan83
Anyone been offered jobs in the South Wales area? I'm already a civil servant with SC clearance and was made a provisional offer the day the results were given on 11.05.16 but have heard nothing since. Normally it wouldn't phase me but I'm hearing of people on the reserve list receiving formal offers.... eeek.

Thsts early for formal offers . What jobcentere they going to ?
Original post by prinny88
Thsts early for formal offers . What jobcentere they going to ?

Hmmm. I know! Although at the interview they wanted people to start beinning to mid June. 4 weeks notice today would run to 20th June. I thought they were optimistic with the dates and deadlines but looks like it's been the case in some regions. And I'm on a busy admin team that's short staffed as it is so I'll have to work the 4 weeks! I'm not sure how it works - if a provisional offer is made, does that mean there's a job set aside for you in one of the Jobcentres you've chosen or you're only allocated a spot once the checks have come back and if that's the case and there are no positions at the centres youve chosen will you then be moved to the reserve list?
A provisional offer is an offer that is subject to pre-employment checks. In short you WILL have a job if you have cleared the checks.
Original post by BigFatVegan83
Hmmm. I know! Although at the interview they wanted people to start beinning to mid June. 4 weeks notice today would run to 20th June. I thought they were optimistic with the dates and deadlines but looks like it's been the case in some regions. And I'm on a busy admin team that's short staffed as it is so I'll have to work the 4 weeks! I'm not sure how it works - if a provisional offer is made, does that mean there's a job set aside for you in one of the Jobcentres you've chosen or you're only allocated a spot once the checks have come back and if that's the case and there are no positions at the centres youve chosen will you then be moved to the reserve list?

I thought they would have told you which office on the offer . Seems a weird way to do it because what if you don't want the office they don't offer you after checks?
Original post by memoryfish
A provisional offer is an offer that is subject to pre-employment checks. In short you WILL have a job if you have cleared the checks.

Ah thank you for putting my mindat ease lol. I was just wondering because the offices I applied for are all very small and I panicked and assumed if they take to long there would be no spaces left.... there was no mention as to which office on the provisional offer either 😀
If you don't want the office then your placed on the reserve list. They will only offer you a office that you've selected it on the location list.
Reply 336
Does anyone have any phone number to get in touch with civil service resourcing? Last week I got an email to say I was on the reserve list, then later that same day I got a phone call with an offer for Nottingham. I was told I'd get more details in an email in a day or two, but I still haven't heard anything more and I'm still showing as on the reserve list on CS jobs.
Reply 337
Is getting a health declaration doc standard procedure or a good sign, got the email today but nothing else.
Reply 338
Original post by Jones23
Is getting a health declaration doc standard procedure or a good sign, got the email today but nothing else.

I've just got this too! Hopefully a good sign.
Reply 339
I just got this also, it might not mean anything. The pension form was mass sent out to everyone one who applied, even those who were put on the reserve list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending