The Student Room Group

English literature exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jazzybro
so how many marks out of 68 do you think you got for today's paper?

The least is about 45/50 hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
For section B OMAM I wrote about Crooks and Curley's Wife but I related it primarily to context and how it showed the racism and sexism of society.
Reply 62
so how many marks out of 68 do you think you got for today's paper?

50/68*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Monsor
Doubt the grade boundaries will be low

Posted from TSR Mobile

well all my friends said they will be abit lower but i dont know
Reply 64
well all my friends said they will be abit lower but i dont know

No most people who work for aqa said they doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65

thats good if you get that, i was hoping to get around 50 but its impossible now
oh thanks for your support, yeah i hope the examiner is nice - hopefully the grade boundaries will be low

So long as you did well on Mockingbird! You only need like just over half for a B in that exam (I'm pretty sure?) so if you got an A* for mockingbird and maybe a C/B for Inspector that averages out pretty nicely, then you can do better on poetry and obvjously the controlled assessment you already have:smile:
Reply 67
Original post by Ymes1
For section B OMAM I wrote about Crooks and Curley's Wife but I related it primarily to context and how it showed the racism and sexism of society.

Yeah I wrote about crooks and curleys wife and a bit of candy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by John boy7
What did people put for my polish teachers tie in the a section?

I did my Polish Teacher's Tie and then Compass and Torch for endings, most of it was waffling on about little details - hoping to do better on the poetry exam on Friday to push up my grade for Lit :frown:
Reply 69
Original post by wildjones
So long as you did well on Mockingbird! You only need like just over half for a B in that exam (I'm pretty sure?) so if you got an A* for mockingbird and maybe a C/B for Inspector that averages out pretty nicely, then you can do better on poetry and obvjously the controlled assessment you already have:smile:

Reply 70
thats good if you get that, i was hoping to get around 50 but its impossible now

I'm hoping for at least an A and maybe a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ElaArslan
For AIC I chose the question on Gerald and Sheila so I did a paragraph for each act talking about how their relationship gradually goes downhill in each act.

For OMAM, I spoke about Curley's Wife's dream and how Steinbeck uses Lennie as a tool to project her dream. And about how ironic it is how she spoke about her dream right before she died, meaning the American Dream isn't likely to happen for the majority

I would've also spoke about Steinbeck's use of nature in the build-up.
Reply 72
Original post by Monsor
I'm hoping for at least an A and maybe a*

Posted from TSR Mobile

same, for literature overall i want at least an A
Reply 73
Passage A I was really stuck on, but I managed to come up with some rubbish, it didn't make much sense:s-smilie:

1- First person retrospective narrative adds to drama (I don't know where I was going with that).
2- Parallels with dog scene (mentioned, and the dreamlike state). The dog scene was a huge turning point for the kids and so was this scene etc.
3- The black people rising for Atticus, showing respect through simple language and actions.

Part B

1- Prejudice against Tom Robinson
2- Segregation and black church
3- Hope for the future with Atticus and other characters

Plus context obviously.

What did you write?:biggrin:

For part a i wrote the same as you but i did not write about the parallel with the dog scene, that is actually a pretty good idea.
For part b i wrote about Dolphus Raymond, Calpurnia and prejudice against Tom Robinson.
Reply 74
Does anyone have any ideas about what is going to come up in the conflict poetry?
Original post by Ria7826
For part a i wrote the same as you but i did not write about the parallel with the dog scene, that is actually a pretty good idea.
For part b i wrote about Dolphus Raymond, Calpurnia and prejudice against Tom Robinson.

Dang, I forgot Raymond and Calpurnia:biggrin:. Sounds good!
for an inspector calls, i completely messed up because i thought the question was asking about sheila and eric :frown:

what tier did you do? a lot of people have done this so maybe there's just some confusion between foundation and hier?
I did q17 and TKAM. I thought it went rather well: I felt TKAM particularly was a gift of a question.
Original post by Ria7826
Does anyone have any ideas about what is going to come up in the conflict poetry?

My teacher says, on the higher paper, Right Word, Falling Leaves or Flag is likely to come up as they've never come up before as they used to be listed as foundation only but can now appear on the higher paper.
Passage A I was really stuck on, but I managed to come up with some rubbish, it didn't make much sense:s-smilie:

1- First person retrospective narrative adds to drama (I don't know where I was going with that).
2- Parallels with dog scene (mentioned, and the dreamlike state). The dog scene was a huge turning point for the kids and so was this scene etc.
3- The black people rising for Atticus, showing respect through simple language and actions.

Part B

1- Prejudice against Tom Robinson
2- Segregation and black church
3- Hope for the future with Atticus and other characters

Plus context obviously.

What did you write?:biggrin:

I did pretty much the same thing, but The question wanted to know the effect after the court case and I think segregation in the black church happened before.

Original post by willsp8
I did my Polish Teacher's Tie and then Compass and Torch for endings, most of it was waffling on about little details - hoping to do better on the poetry exam on Friday to push up my grade for Lit :frown:

I did My Polish teachers tie and literally explored the **** outta that question. I then analysed When the wasps drowned.

Original post by willedm37
I did q17 and TKAM. I thought it went rather well: I felt TKAM particularly was a gift of a question.

I liked Part A, not really B. Although, Idk. Good luck everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending