The Student Room Group

Edexcel English Lit (international paper)

How did you guys find it!! I'm super happy - I KNEW it was gonna be Eva Smith for AIC, so I was really prepared! And tbh, that OMAM question was a no-brainer - I think I would have died if I'd chosen the second, but I'm happy with Crooks!
Reply 1
Original post by emioww
How did you guys find it!! I'm super happy - I KNEW it was gonna be Eva Smith for AIC, so I was really prepared! And tbh, that OMAM question was a no-brainer - I think I would have died if I'd chosen the second, but I'm happy with Crooks!

Thats trueee!! It was a good paper!! Crooks was a good question and in AIC, i chose the second question but i incorporated Eva Smith so i feel like i did really well!
Reply 2
Original post by mlkef
Thats trueee!! It was a good paper!! Crooks was a good question and in AIC, i chose the second question but i incorporated Eva Smith so i feel like i did really well!

Yeah, I'm like, praising edexcel.
Tbh, I wasn't sure which one to choose, only did Eva because I was a bit more prepared, hahah. But glad you feel the same ^ ^
To Kill a Mockingbird - the setting question was an absolute gift, so much freedom to write about whatever you liked
Reply 4
What did you write about for this? I did courage, racism and education
Reply 5
Original post by robclark173
To Kill a Mockingbird - the setting question was an absolute gift, so much freedom to write about whatever you liked

Original post by emobha
What did you write about for this? I did courage, racism and education

for the settings question, what part of the setting did you talk about? i realise now i only really talked about context
but for the themes i talked about courage, prejudice, racism and small town life
Reply 6
Original post by lily628
for the settings question, what part of the setting did you talk about? i realise now i only really talked about context
but for the themes i talked about courage, prejudice, racism and small town life

I talked about the fact it was set in alabama which is southern america where the slave trade was most apparent in my racism paragraph, then the same as you about it being a small town so everything that happens is 'close to home'
Reply 7
Original post by emobha
I talked about the fact it was set in alabama which is southern america where the slave trade was most apparent in my racism paragraph, then the same as you about it being a small town so everything that happens is 'close to home'

ah that has reassured me! thanks.
i thought the question was actually quite interesting in the fact there was so much to write about, but that made a slightly harder as well
Reply 8
Original post by lily628
ah that has reassured me! thanks.
i thought the question was actually quite interesting in the fact there was so much to write about, but that made a slightly harder as well

yeah totally, there was so much freedom with it, if anything I didn't have enough time hahah and I was also worried I'd interpreted the question wrong but it seems you got the same idea
Reply 9
Original post by emioww
Yeah, I'm like, praising edexcel.
Tbh, I wasn't sure which one to choose, only did Eva because I was a bit more prepared, hahah. But glad you feel the same ^ ^

yeahh it took me quite a while to choose and i ended up finishing 7 seconds before the end AHAHA, but but but back at u!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending