The Student Room Group

Igcse double award Biology

How did everyone find paper1 for double award higher tier?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ForeverFrench
How did everyone find paper1 for double award higher tier?

I screwed up on the 6 mark question about glucose and what the hell is the answer to the question about a gene mutating in a protein
Original post by MovedMasterMike
I screwed up on the 6 mark question about glucose and what the hell is the answer to the question about a gene mutating in a protein

I thought the 6marker was tough and that's about DNA and the sequence of DNa and the coding for it
I thought the 6marker was tough and that's about DNA and the sequence of DNa and the coding for it

OH YEAHHHH of course. Damn it. Thanks a lot though. I'm just praying I do better in Paper 2, Also, do you know how the grading works for the double award scheme? Do you get a grade for Paper 1 Science and Paper 2 Science
(edited 7 years ago)
OH YEAHHHH of course. Damn it. Thanks a lot though. I'm just praying I do better in Paper 2, Also, do you know how the grading works for the double award scheme? Do you get a grade for Paper 1 Science and Paper 2 Science

My teacher said apparently you get a grade for the easy questions and a grade for the harder ones
I didn't like the wording of some of the questions especially the food one did we talk about biomass or not
Think aqa have screwed up this year
My teacher said apparently you get a grade for the easy questions and a grade for the harder ones
I didn't like the wording of some of the questions especially the food one did we talk about biomass or not
Think aqa have screwed up this year

I know I hate AQA
I know I hate AQA

How did chemistry go?
How did chemistry go?

Chemistry actually wasn't hard. I definitely reckon i haven't got below an A. Our whole year was dreading Chemistry but thankfully it wasn't that bad. What about u?
Chemistry actually wasn't hard. I definitely reckon i haven't got below an A. Our whole year was dreading Chemistry but thankfully it wasn't that bad. What about u?

It was ok my class didn't like it, i didn't find it hard but not easy.
What do you think will come up in physics on wednesday i dont think nuclear fission and fusion will come up tbh
It was ok my class didn't like it, i didn't find it hard but not easy.
What do you think will come up in physics on wednesday i dont think nuclear fission and fusion will come up tbh

Idk it may not come up. But life cycle of a star screws me up. I'm not the strongest on electricity....
Idk it may not come up. But life cycle of a star screws me up. I'm not the strongest on electricity....

No I dont like electricity either. Life cycle of stars may come up i think but not fusion and fission maybe one question but not loads there was a full page on it last year
No I dont like electricity either. Life cycle of stars may come up i think but not fusion and fission maybe one question but not loads there was a full page on it last year

How did Physics go? all those red-shift questions....
How did Physics go? all those red-shift questions....

I liked the red shift questions i liked some of the paper I just didn't like the momentum question where it asked for the momentum with the thrust thing.
I think it could be low grade boundaries
I liked the red shift questions i liked some of the paper I just didn't like the momentum question where it asked for the momentum with the thrust thing.
I think it could be low grade boundaries

Hey man do you know what to revise for Paper 2 in science??
Hey man do you know what to revise for Paper 2 in science??

All experiments my bio teacher gave me a list of topics which ill post l8er

ok thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey u got the topics?
Reply 17

hey could you possibly post the topics? im so screwed for the exam omg....
Reply 18
I think that respiration, digestion, enzymes, cell division, reflex actions, genetic engineering and evolution might come up.
How did everyone find paper 2 today ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending