The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exavior
Did anyone else get CBA for explanations for abnormality? :P

Yep- when I saw that it spelt out CBA, I just thought to myself "same". :tongue:
Original post by hehexd
regarding the hypothesis was it one tailed or two tailed?

Think it can be either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chelseaoscar15
I wrote about being able to match them on key variables believed to affect the IV is just more reliable.

I wrote that you can randomly allocate by putting the 50 names on seperate pieces of paper in a hat and just pick out 1 and put in group A, then pick another for group B then another for group A and so on.

Not sure if i'll get all the marks though

Yeah that's the thing, I didn't know how to write a lot for the RM questions and some of them were like 4 marks; especially the ethical issue and matched pairs
Original post by Namita Gurung
I wrote down a two-tailed hypothesis. I wrote down that there will will be a lower anger score after the therapy sessions compared to anger scores before the sessions. What did you guys write?

Pretty sure that's a one tailed hypothesis :smile:
Original post by Namita Gurung
I wrote down a two-tailed hypothesis. I wrote down that there will will be a lower anger score after the therapy sessions compared to anger scores before the sessions. What did you guys write?

isnt that one tailed since you're giving the direction?

i thought two tailed was there will be a difference between... but not stating the direction of the difference
Did anyone speak about deception for the ethical issue?
[QUOTE=adelemaexo;65079755]Yes I got CBA

I got that too, once I wrote it I was like 'this is exactly how I'm feeling about this exam'😂
Original post by Exavior
I put that it assumes that we all process information in the same way. And then I made up the second one as I said that the cognitive neuroscience uses lab settings which show greater effects then in real life settings. Don't know if they are both right :wink:

i had that it ignored the effects of motivation/emotion then blanked and started talking about how it ignores genes and started talking about the bobo dolls study - i had no idea hahahaha
Original post by chelseaoscar15
Pretty sure that's a one tailed hypothesis :smile:

woops. Good that the definition of them didn't come up :colondollar:
Reply 309
I used confidentiality. Don't know if that's right though.
Original post by jessicabristow
I put SLT too :smile:

I did a mixture of SLT and operant conditioning as I thought it could be either, but idk, maybe one and/or the other is right
For the ethical question I wrote about protection from harm as the young offenders could cause harm to other young people or the researcher him/herself as they do come from an institution for being angry so they should deal with it by having medical assistance at all times and giving them the right to withdraw at any point... is any of this right?
Original post by adelemaexo
Did anyone speak about deception for the ethical issue?

I spoke about consent, since they were young i said about getting consent from their parents... not sure if its right
Reply 313
I wrote about confidentiality in terms of the responses to the questionnaires and that researchers should keep ambiguity at all times by using numbers instead of the offenders names?
What do you think the grade boundaries will be ? :smile:
Original post by Sinemitre
What do you think the grade boundaries will be ? :smile:

High as the heavens....
That paper may have cost me an A....

What about that Excitation Inhibition question? What did you guys get for that?
Grade boundaries?
Original post by Minantan
High as the heavens....

Doubt it. It'll be about average.
Reply 319
Original post by dodgewc25
That paper may have cost me an A....

What about that Excitation Inhibition question? What did you guys get for that?

Excitation increases the likelihood that the neuron will fire and pass on the impulse by increasing the positive charge, e.g. adrenaline
Inhibitory neurotransmitters decrease the likelihood that the neuron will fire and pass on the electrical impulse by increasing the negative charge e.g. serotonin

Quick Reply

Latest