The Student Room Group

AQA Economics UNIT 2 23rd May 2016

Scroll to see replies

yep i got the same, what did everyone talk about for the context 2 10 marker
Reply 101
Original post by Kaasi
lool you dont know what you are on about. Please stop trying to be an ***hole to people. You DO NOT need to talk about both AS and AD in the 10 marker.

Diagram of AD shifting left (4 marks)
2 definitions (2 marks)
Imports become cheaper and exports becomes expensive (2 marks)
Components of AD, exports > imports therefore AD decreases (2 marks)
Lower price level, inflation decreases. (2 marks) (making reference to the diagram)
Use a quote (application) (2 marks)

Unfortunately, I don't think they award 2 marks for definitions for the new spec.
It was around 58 last year and I believe this exam was much easier so me and my teacher reckon it's around 61/62 for an A in unit 2 and 63 in unit 1.
Reply 103
Original post by Manboobsmatthew
It was around 58 last year and I believe this exam was much easier so me and my teacher reckon it's around 61/62 for an A in unit 2 and 63 in unit 1.

61/62 out of 70 is 88%, it can never be 88% raw marks for 80 ums.
In fact, 88% raw marks last year i.e. 66/75 would have gotten you 94 ums..
Therefore, 56/57 out of 70 is likely to be an A.
62/63 most likely 88-92 ums
(edited 7 years ago)
It's out of 70, last year was out of 75. So an A will probably be in the region of 52-54.
What did everyone get for the MPC question about trend rate compared with annual economic growth? I was unsure but went A (which was in 2013 there was an increase in spare capacity).
How the hell do you lot remember the multiple choice questions? I just remember a few phrases that's it!
Original post by Shafy97
How the hell do you lot remember the multiple choice questions? I just remember a few phrases that's it!

Yeah I know. How do people remember like every single question and like what they put for it, I don't think I can remember one🤘
Original post by Jjohnson919
It's out of 70, last year was out of 75. So an A will probably be in the region of 52-54.

I'd probs say it's around 54,its percentage is 77% same as last year for an A but then again it depends on the difficulty of the paper across the country.
Original post by Shafy97
I'd probs say it's around 54,its percentage is 77% same as last year for an A but then again it depends on the difficulty of the paper across the country.

Yeah exactly. I reckon 53 bog standard A, but could got probably 2 marks either way depending on the difficulty of the paper across the country.
Original post by Accountantlolks
Yeah me. But I'm so annoyed. I thought 400.6 thousand was 4006000

I made the same mistake!! I got something stupid like 6.42%. Do you think I will get any marks for attempting or will I just get none? :frown:
Reply 111
What did you guys get for the negative output gap multiple choice Q?
Reply 112
One of the option's was: Real GDP is below productive potential
I did context 2 and I thought 400.6 thousand meant 4006000 so I got the calculation answer wrong but showed my working. I also wrote down the figures in the comparison question with one too many 0s. Will I get any marks for either question?
Anyone do context 1? I got -41.42 for calculation. Anyone else?
That is the answer I think
Original post by SANTR
One of the option's was: Real GDP is below productive potential

That was the answer
Original post by Ggrhhbcf
That was the answer

What was the question?
What was the answer to the circular flow of income MC question?
How many marks for a c guys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending