The Student Room Group

PSYA2 help resit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Numero Uno
how is the paper split???????????????????????????????????????????????????

the full exam is an hour and a half
and there's three sections so half an hour on each

Posted from TSR Mobile
great thanks good luck for the exam tomorrow !!
Original post by Numero Uno
great thanks good luck for the exam tomorrow !!

Thank you, good luck to you also

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you think the exam went? It was such a great paper in my opinion! so pleased with the turn out of the questions and that essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it was OK. I did mess up the question about the type of conformity for the guy at work but that was only 2 marks anyway :smile:
Original post by ItssCurtis
I think it was OK. I did mess up the question about the type of conformity for the guy at work but that was only 2 marks anyway :smile:

I wrote how it was informational social influence as he looks to others to be right and that is typical behaviour of somebody starting a new job.

What did you write?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aimsnaywux
I wrote how it was informational social influence as he looks to others to be right and that is typical behaviour of somebody starting a new job.

What did you write?

For some reason I wrote Normative Social Influence because he wanted to be liked by his co workers. I didn't read the part about him watching what they did properly
For some reason I wrote Normative Social Influence because he wanted to be liked by his co workers. I didn't read the part about him watching what they did properly

Ah I see, my friend also wrote normative and now we are both wondering which one it really is.

How did you find the last two questions relating to psychoanalysis and then you decide the appropriate therapy. I thought it was a clever way of asking a question, hopefully got full marks or roughly high marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I put normative because it didn't say he internalised what people said. It just said that he watched them. In Asch's study the participants watched what other people had put and then changed their minds to not seem stupid or odd. It doesn't say he watches them and then changes his own view.
Psychoanalysis I put dream analysis - latent and manifest and also free associations - talking therapy
last one I put flooding.
Ah I see, my friend also wrote normative and now we are both wondering which one it really is.

How did you find the last two questions relating to psychoanalysis and then you decide the appropriate therapy. I thought it was a clever way of asking a question, hopefully got full marks or roughly high marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For some reason I put compliance because he is watching their behaviour to gain their approval and avoid disapproval.

Even though I knew NSI/ISI definitions. :frown:
Oh well only 2 marks.

I had to kind of rush the last questions cause I write so slow. But didn't really know how to link psychoanalysis to the fear of snakes so just stated the techniques but for the recommendation I said systematic desensitization as that is usually used for phobias.

How about you?
I put normative because it didn't say he internalised what people said. It just said that he watched them. In Asch's study the participants watched what other people had put and then changed their minds to not seem stupid or odd. It doesn't say he watches them and then changes his own view.
Psychoanalysis I put dream analysis - latent and manifest and also free associations - talking therapy
last one I put flooding.
I had to kind of rush the last questions cause I write so slow. But didn't really know how to link psychoanalysis to the fear of snakes so just stated the techniques but for the recommendation I said systematic desensitization as that is usually used for phobias.

How about you?

I wrote how his dreams could be analysed if he was having nightmares and then free association to discuss his fear of the snakes.

Then I wrote about systematic desensitisation because of phobias.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by flicky112
last one I put flooding.

I have never heard of flooding, what is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have never heard of flooding, what is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

flooding is where the person is in a room with a therapist and they are in the room with the phobia. 1/2 an hour before they can stand the situation
Original post by flicky112
flooding is where the person is in a room with a therapist and they are in the room with the phobia. 1/2 an hour before they can stand the situation

Sounds interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find the question about who would be more affected by the negative effects of stress or something like that
How did everyone find the question about who would be more affected by the negative effects of stress or something like that

I found the wording slightly confusing however I chose Rina then related to her stress and she became ill from her stress her immune system would be weak and linked it to kiecolts nurses with the elbow wounds. When I think of it now I really did mess up on that question, however I must get one mark or two hopefully. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found the wording slightly confusing however I chose Rina then related to her stress and she became ill from her stress her immune system would be weak and linked it to kiecolts nurses with the elbow wounds. When I think of it now I really did mess up on that question, however I must get one mark or two hopefully. Yourself?

I said it was the guy experiencing daily hassles Nick I think his name was. and used Kanner et al who said it was a better predictor for stress then life change events and that as he's male daily uplifts wont counter the effects of the daily hassles
I said it was the guy experiencing daily hassles Nick I think his name was. and used Kanner et al who said it was a better predictor for stress then life change events and that as he's male daily uplifts wont counter the effects of the daily hassles

You've definitely got good marks then I can tell for sure 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending