The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

Scroll to see replies

I wrote about anthropomorphism in the opposite context when talking about the woman being described as a fish - will I be marked down many marks??
I hated both poems 😭 rip my eng lit grade
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 302
So the essay questions were Lennie and Friendship, which one did you choose? I did friendship.
Reply 303
Original post by jade_on_tsr
I hated both poems 😭 rip my eng lit grade

So did I! I had no idea what they were on about, especially the second one..
I hated both of them poems, was the 'In Cardigan Market' one about prostitution or what? Because I didn't get that from the poem 😂
Original post by Farnosh
exactly ughhhh :frown: I FEEL YOU GURL xxxx love you x cheer up mate xx

Lesson learned that to not just rely on TSR for predictions :s-smilie: Still glad that I had some idea on what to write about themes etc. and just hoping my grade isn't hurting too much on results day
Reply 306
Original post by bmagcse2016
I'm studying the exact same literature texts and my teacher usually predicts correctly the themes and characters which might come up.
For omom, we are predicting a George and Lennie (friendship) essay or possibly a slim essay (possibly linked to the theme of justice or violence).
For a Christmas Carol, we have predicted something along the lines of christmas and religion .
For blood brothers, we have a feelings that there might be a possible question on the narrator or sammy or the theme of Marilyn Monroe.

For your writing exam, I think there might be formal letter and an informal letter. There hasn't be an informal letter for a few years, I think. There is always a formal writing task in this exam, so a report could also be a possibility.

Hope this can be of some help.

This teacher is very good. Wish i hadnt read this last minute. The prediction was close enough to 100%. I recommend y'all to this. Saved me!
Reply 307
Original post by bekahhiggins
I wrote about anthropomorphism in the opposite context when talking about the woman being described as a fish - will I be marked down many marks??

My english teacher said you wont me marked down for anything... you can only get marked up. So yeh fingers crossed😉
Original post by SophFlorence
No problem, as I said, this's helped me,too. Good luck for tomorrow, I'm signing off now!

HOW WAS IT ?
I thought it was good :biggrin: Really liked it :smile:
Until i heard that the poem was about a prostitute or something
Original post by Danii16
So did I! I had no idea what they were on about, especially the second one..

Literally! I said that in cardigan market didn't rhyme and it did and what's all this about prostitution?! 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where did they find that bloody market poem, I can't even find it on google?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bmagcse2016
I'm studying the exact same literature texts and my teacher usually predicts correctly the themes and characters which might come up.
For omom, we are predicting a George and Lennie (friendship) essay or possibly a slim essay (possibly linked to the theme of justice or violence).
For a Christmas Carol, we have predicted something along the lines of christmas and religion .
For blood brothers, we have a feelings that there might be a possible question on the narrator or sammy or the theme of Marilyn Monroe.

For your writing exam, I think there might be formal letter and an informal letter. There hasn't be an informal letter for a few years, I think. There is always a formal writing task in this exam, so a report could also be a possibility.

Hope this can be of some help.

spot on for the friendship question!! that's awesome, my teacher is useless
My English teacher tried to find it online because we were all complaining about it and arguing about whether it implied Auntie Jane Fish was a prostitute, but he couldn't find it. It seems they found the most obscure and ambiguous poem on the planet!
Reply 313
Original post by jade_on_tsr
Where did they find that bloody market poem, I can't even find it on google?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464017948.172829.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 314
Original post by niv1234
I hated that ugh, how did everyone else find it?
That poetry was horrible especially the fish one, that was a nasty poem.

I AM SO UNHAPPY ABOUT THE CHOICE OF THE POEMS ESPECIALLY THE CAR SHOWROOM. IT WAS NASTY.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 315
How is this paragraph ?
Currently working at a C
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! What did you type in google?!
Reply 317
not gonna lie but i love english literature so much taht was the best exam ever i love engliafojhsflsghkjdh

the poems weren't that dank but ichat a load of ****

edit: apparently it was abt prostitution? hmm there goes my confidence i didn't think of that i think i took it too literally

RIP A*.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nisha.sri
HOW WAS IT ?
I thought it was good :biggrin: Really liked it :smile:
Until i heard that the poem was about a prostitute or something

Yeah, not bad at all actually! I know right, is it really true or what? :biggrin:
How were we meant to infer that the In Cardigan Market poem was about a prostitute?????????? Without context that is extremely difficult especially as it's talking about how much she stinks of fish!! I thought she was just very dedicated to being a fish monger

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest