The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Economics (New Spec) Unit 2 - 23rd May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Adding wrongly is not equivalent to going blank. Going blank implies that you have no recollection of the material required to do the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly I had no recollection of the material required to do the question, because I had no recollection of basic maths. :smile:
Adding wrongly is not equivalent to going blank. Going blank implies that you have no recollection of the material required to do the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why are you back?

This is an AS thread.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys don't worry about 2g, it was just a really easy question disguised as a hard question. As long as you talked about the two demad-side policies, drew a diagram and linked to the question, expect top marks
Because you all keep quoting and tagging me.

@ServantOfMorgoth
Reply 444
What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be for theme 1 and 2?
i swear the 6g 20 marker was on fiscal policy only wtf?
Reply 446
Would 55 for theme 1 and 62 for theme 2 be realistic for an A?
Reply 447
Original post by bulletman54

Na g was on demand side policies so monetary and fiscal
Original post by bulletman54

Nope, was demand-side policies.
Hopefully you will still get half of the marks.

I know how you feel, by the end of the exam fatigue kicks in, and you don't always read the question properly.

Don't worry about it - there is nothing you can do, it is a rubric error - not a knowledge error.
Reply 449
Grade boundaries anyone????
Reply 450
Original post by Kantth
Would 55 for theme 1 and 62 for theme 2 be realistic for an A?

It's never been more than 61 for an A, I think it'll be 55-58 for an A in theme 1 and 61 for theme 2. Remember we don't need UMS anymore because it's a new spec, just raw marks so they might even combine it into one average grade required In both papers so like an average of 60 between the 2 for an A…
Original post by zayn008
It's never been more than 61 for an A, I think it'll be 55-58 for an A in theme 1 and 61 for theme 2. Remember we don't need UMS anymore because it's a new spec, just raw marks so they might even combine it into one average grade required In both papers so like an average of 60 between the 2 for an A…

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I estimated myself just scraping and A and being in that 74-78% range.
Reply 452
Original post by Diastal
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I estimated myself just scraping and A and being in that 74-78% range.

Same, I think I got somewhere in the mid 50's for unit 1 and I think I smashed unit 2 today so if its combined and not UMS I should hopefully get an A :smile: just hope, you might get a nice examiner, you might've done better than you thought or there might be low boundaries for unit 1… I'm feeling very optimistic after today and I hope you are you too!! :biggrin:
Original post by harryleavey
Nope, was demand-side policies.
Hopefully you will still get half of the marks.

I know how you feel, by the end of the exam fatigue kicks in, and you don't always read the question properly.

Don't worry about it - there is nothing you can do, it is a rubric error - not a knowledge error.

Pretty sure that if u expand on fiscal policy enough and evaluate you're still capable of getting all the marks, I wrote about response in gov spending benefits , borrowing to spend , fall in income tax , fall in corporation tax

Posted from TSR Mobile
same

How do you know so much about economics? Do you read a lot of The Economist or The Financial Times? You seem to have so much information...
Original post by Lemauricien
Pretty sure that if u expand on fiscal policy enough and evaluate you're still capable of getting all the marks, I wrote about response in gov spending benefits , borrowing to spend , fall in income tax , fall in corporation tax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly. Although it did say 'policies' plural...
Reply 456
Original post by zayn008
Same, I think I got somewhere in the mid 50's for unit 1 and I think I smashed unit 2 today so if its combined and not UMS I should hopefully get an A :smile: just hope, you might get a nice examiner, you might've done better than you thought or there might be low boundaries for unit 1… I'm feeling very optimistic after today and I hope you are you too!! :biggrin:

Haha yes definitely. Ive had three exams so far and this was by far the best as the others were rock solid (theme 1 and c1 maths)
Reply 457
Good luck with all your other exams everyone!!! 😏👍🏿
Original post by zayn008

Yeah so am I. However the main problem for me is my terrible handwriting. It starts of ugly and then gets even uglier. So I just hope the examiner can read what I wrote... Otherwise I'm screwed 😅
Possibly. Although it did say 'policies' plural...

Yeahh, knowledge and application marks cap tho, also there's never been a mark scheme where they say to not givr marks if a certain other aspect isnt drawn on. But monetary policy is relevant ofc. Abit like unit 1 on the gov intervention, it was so broad with the help to buy scheme, the subsidies and max pricing so u can say whatever as long as it's detailrd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending