The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Geography A predictions

Poll

What topics are you doing?

Anyone doing AQA Geography A tomorrow? What are your predictions for the case studies?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexdt300
Anyone doing AQA Geography A tomorrow? What are your predictions for the case studies?

I'm believing that the questions will be very similar to old past papers. There is an obvious trend in the questions asked in Geography. As long as you practice many past papers, you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
do you mean aqa igcse paper 1 with tectonics and ecosystems and 2 others?>
Some people are saying tsunamis
Reply 4
Original post by TracyEmu
I'm believing that the questions will be very similar to old past papers. There is an obvious trend in the questions asked in Geography. As long as you practice many past papers, you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
Reply 5
Tsunami's for restless Earth and sea level rise for Coasts
How do u know
Original post by Andy-22
Reply 7
Original post by Dmfdmf123
How do u know

They are predictions based on past papers. They seem pretty good guesses, considering that it was Volcanoes and coastal habitats last year! The geography department at our school predicted them and they were right last year, so I do have some faith they'll guess them well again :wink:

Of course, revise the whole course and all the case studies as we don't know what will come up!
(edited 7 years ago)
Seems plausible. I think tsunamis will come up too
Original post by Andy-22
They are predictions based on past papers. They seem pretty good guesses, considering that it was Volcanoes last year and it was coastal habitats they year beforehand. The geography department at our school predicted them and they were right last year, so I do have some faith they'll guess them well again :wink:

Of course, revise the whole course and all the case studies as we don't know what will come up!
Reply 9
which board are you talking about??
Original post by elsie31
which board are you talking about??

Read the title mate....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy-22

When you say tsunamis what sort of question do you mean? All I've really been taught about tsunamis is the boxing day one and all I've got for that is 35,000 deaths in Indonesia where 500,000 people were displaced, then for responses the early warning system in the Indian Ocean and shelters for the future. Doesn't seem like much for a 6/8 marker?
Reply 12
Original post by IsThisTaken?
When you say tsunamis what sort of question do you mean? All I've really been taught about tsunamis is the boxing day one and all I've got for that is 35,000 deaths in Indonesia where 500,000 people were displaced, then for responses the early warning system in the Indian Ocean and shelters for the future. Doesn't seem like much for a 6/8 marker?

Really? I've learnt a lot about the tsunami's and did the Japanese Earthquake+Tsunami as the case study. This including the impacts and the responses
Reply 13
For weather and climate, do we need to know about examples of anticyclones?
Original post by Andy-22
Really? I've learnt a lot about the tsunami's and did the Japanese Earthquake+Tsunami as the case study. This including the impacts and the responses

Yeah I've literally got a paragraph on it in my book which is weird because I feel like we did unnecessary amounts for the other case studies, like we did 2 volcano case studies when I think you only need to do one. Might have to ditch some of the other stuff and look up a tsunami case study :indiff:
Reply 15
Original post by IsThisTaken?
Yeah I've literally got a paragraph on it in my book which is weird because I feel like we did unnecessary amounts for the other case studies, like we did 2 volcano case studies when I think you only need to do one. Might have to ditch some of the other stuff and look up a tsunami case study :indiff:

I can send you a picture of one if you want :smile: (For Japan this one :smile: )
Original post by Andy-22
I can send you a picture of one if you want :smile: (For Japan this one :smile: )

Yeah that would be great if you don't mind :smile:
Reply 17
Screenshot 2016-05-23 18.47.02.png

Here you go :smile:
Original post by Andy-22
Screenshot 2016-05-23 18.47.02.png

Here you go :smile:

Would it be possible for there to be an 8 marker on fold mountains for restless earth?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending