The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's all abt trust issues m8
We don't like our parents very much.
Reply 3
Because animals take up less space and are easier to look after.. (not that all elderly people need looking after, but I guess a higher proportion of those that go to homes do..)
Reply 4
Why does you type like this?
Having a pet isn't a bad thing, plus you obviously can't say that we all do this. There are various reasons why one would put their parents in a home anyway.

Always keep an open mind.
Reply 6
I don't do that.

My grandparents live in an expensive west London apartment that costs more than my house.
Reply 7
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

I can't stand douches like you who think animals are nothing but dumb burdens to the world and so don't deserve a home.

He didn't say that
Original post by RobML
He didn't say that

By the tone and the italic of their when mentioning animals indicates it.

Sorry just did an essay for Linguistics.
Reply 9
Since when is providing a pet a loving home a bad thing?

I can't stand douches like you who think animals are nothing but dumb burdens to the world and so don't deserve a home.

And btw fix your English. I doubt anyone will take you seriously.

Calm down and watch who you call a douche
Reply 10
Original post by Malayali Ali
Put their elderly parents in a home but keep animals in their home.

Why they are doin these fings?

Pets are less needy
Original post by Listers
Calm down and watch who you call a douche

:tongue:
Since when is providing a pet a loving home a bad thing?

And btw fix your English. I doubt anyone will take you seriously.

You aint seriously implyin dat animals are on a level pegging to humans? The people dat raised you since you was a baby, are they really equal to a volatile, wild, smelly mutt? Animals are mostly to be eaten isn't it?
Put their elderly parents in a home but keep animals in their home.

Why they are doin these fings?

I prefer pets to humans.
You aint seriously implyin dat animals are on a level pegging to humans? The people dat raised you since you was a baby, are they really equal to a volatile, wild, smelly mutt? Animals are mostly to be eaten isn't it?

I am implying yes.

Volatile, wild smelly mutt? I grew up with 4 dogs and I'm pretty sure none of them were smelly or wild. I choose dogs over people anyday and I'm sure dog owners on here would agree with me.

Depends on the animal. But ignorant people like you deserve to be kicked off the face of the Earth for viewing animals as so low.
Elderly people often go into a home because they can no longer look after themselves, this is often a very difficult decision on their children's end, but looking after an elderly person is a VERY difficult thing to do in itself, which can put a huge strain on their relationship especially when the elder needs 24 hour care which is impossible for their child to do if they have a full time job or even a family of their own. Many elderly people would agree that they need professional care rather than robbing their own child's freedom to take care of them on a full time basis... As someone who has witnessed my own mother's and grandmother's relationship degrade in just five years of my grandmother living with us, I can honestly say that the family is very strained because of how difficult it is living with her, let alone caring for her.

Pets are usually able to take care of themselves for a good portion of the day (ie. When their owner is at work), their level of care is a lot lower than a dependable elder, and pets can adapt to family life much easier, not only that but they are proven to be great stress relievers and pets such as dogs are great to have around for peace of mind to protect the family/house.

The fact that you're likening a difficult situation like taking care of an elderly person full time to owning a pet shows that you are quite ignorant.
I am implying yes.

Volatile, wild smelly mutt? I grew up with 4 dogs and I'm pretty sure none of them were smelly or wild. I choose dogs over people anyday and I'm sure dog owners on here would agree with me.

Depends on the animal. But ignorant people like you deserve to be kicked off the face of the Earth for viewing animals as so low.

You deserve like 2000 rep points for this.

Plus my dog has never screwed me over, more I can say about friends who have bad days.
I am implying yes.

You'd choose a dog's life over a human's?(assuming the human here was a good person)
Original post by childofthesun
You'd choose a dog's life over a human's?(assuming the human here was a good person)

I'm referring to having dogs for company and for cuddles.

It depends. I'd save both of them if I could.
Id hate to do that to my parents. Would "buy" up their house, and buy a house next door for em tbh instead.