The Student Room Group

AQA Electronics

Any guesses on what may come up. I'm dreading this one as this could be an exam I fail due to the two years being a disaster at our school!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andy-22
Any guesses on what may come up. I'm dreading this one as this could be an exam I fail due to the two years being a disaster at our school!!

Most likely PIC programming will come up as it has coe up in all of the exams in the past 5 years. Also, monostable, astable or bistable might come up and explaining how they work. The advantages of PIC might come up too. Transistors like NPN, field effect or Darlington pair might come up. Etching a PCB will most likely come up and how to vacuum form and solder might come up too. Protective diodes have come up in 4 out of the past 5 years. My teacher has said that counting 4017 will most likely come up this year so make sure that you know about that. Smart materials are also most likely to come up. Logic gates such ad AND or OR will probably come up because they have come up in a lot of the past years
Reply 2
Original post by emilyaves2000
Most likely PIC programming will come up as it has coe up in all of the exams in the past 5 years. Also, monostable, astable or bistable might come up and explaining how they work. The advantages of PIC might come up too. Transistors like NPN, field effect or Darlington pair might come up. Etching a PCB will most likely come up and how to vacuum form and solder might come up too. Protective diodes have come up in 4 out of the past 5 years. My teacher has said that counting 4017 will most likely come up this year so make sure that you know about that. Smart materials are also most likely to come up. Logic gates such ad AND or OR will probably come up because they have come up in a lot of the past years

Is this AQA?
Reply 3

Thank you very much!! That is very helpful :smile:

How are you feeling about section A? (the design bit)
Reply 4

Any idea on pre release material?
Original post by Andy-22
Thank you very much!! That is very helpful :smile:

How are you feeling about section A? (the design bit)

I'm feeling ok about it but I don't really know what we need to do other than draw something like a steady hand game and probably a programme and circuit
Reply 6
Original post by Himtiaz
Any idea on pre release material?

The pre release material is about games which help hand-eye coordination for AQA :smile:
Original post by Himtiaz
Is this AQA?

Yeah aqa
Reply 8
Original post by Andy-22
The pre release material is about games which help hand-eye coordination for AQA :smile:

But like specifically. Our school thinks its going to be a steady hand game
Reply 9
I'm feeling ok about it but I don't really know what we need to do other than draw something like a steady hand game and probably a programme and circuit

This part is the only bit I'm that confident on. There will probably be a question of safety, a flowchart and us giving some specification points for the first question
Reply 10
Original post by Himtiaz

I don't think it has to be specifically a steady hand game. I think you'll be able to design any sort of hand-eye coordination game, maybe the only restriction may be it may be for kids or something
Original post by Andy-22
I don't think it has to be specifically a steady hand game. I think you'll be able to design any sort of hand-eye coordination game, maybe the only restriction may be it may be for kids or something

How are you revising
Any topics you find hard?
Original post by Himtiaz

so does my school
what school do u go to?
St. Cuthberts
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reply 14
Original post by Himtiaz
How are you revising

Well, I'm just going through most of the course, making notes and quizzes. I'll also cram an hour in quizzing myself and making a few last minute notes to self at lunch time (The exam should be a 9AM so I'm being isolated from everyone as it clashes with Mandarin for me)

I just need to go through some of the components and their uses and the smart materials as we never actually learnt that!
Original post by Himtiaz
How are you revising

I am revising by doing past papers, looking through my revision book and then we have been given a drawing from our teacher to learn for section a so I am drawing that out to help
I am revising by doing past papers, looking through my revision book and then we have been given a drawing from our teacher to learn for section a so I am drawing that out to help

Could you send me a picture please?
Original post by Himtiaz
St. Cuthberts
Newcastle Upon Tyne

ah ok, I go to Trinity church of England high school, manchester
Original post by Himtiaz
Could you send me a picture please?

I am just having tea now so give me about half an hour 45 mins then I will send it to you
I am just having tea now so give me about half an hour 45 mins then I will send it to you

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest