The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE Business Studies (May/June) Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
how did you find paper 21?
found it okay I guess! I had no time problems, finished like 20 mins before :smile: which is weird cus I usually barely finish it.
Same. I found the one about moving to bigger premises confusing so i put three things to consider about only larger buildings (e.g.heating and wasted space) and three about moving premises in general, eg parking and accessibility because i was a bit confused as to what it was asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBirder
What net and gross profit margins?
Which zone did you do, I guess not paper 21?

Nope. Paper 22. Basically what I wanted to ask was if I would still get marks or not, as my concept was correct
Original post by thebusinessman01
Nope. Paper 22. Basically what I wanted to ask was if I would still get marks or not, as my concept was correct

You probably wouldn't get full marks, but if it was worth more than one mark you'd get something. Could you not ask the invigilator for a calculator? There is always a basket full at the front of the exam hall in my school.
Original post by get_in_the_robot
Same. I found the one about moving to bigger premises confusing so i put three things to consider about only larger buildings (e.g.heating and wasted space) and three about moving premises in general, eg parking and accessibility because i was a bit confused as to what it was asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I put rent, parking, proximity to customers, proximity to competition.
You probably wouldn't get full marks, but if it was worth more than one mark you'd get something. Could you not ask the invigilator for a calculator? There is always a basket full at the front of the exam hall in my school.

Not in mine :/ It was a 12 marker, so we were basically supposed to compare two businesses using profitability ratios and other stuff. Guess I wont get full marks on that question then.
How was paper 21?
Not in mine :/ It was a 12 marker, so we were basically supposed to compare two businesses using profitability ratios and other stuff. Guess I wont get full marks on that question then.
How was paper 21?

Paper 21 was ok. There was nothing I really struggled with hugely, though some people in my class got confused about the training and the externalities questions.
Paper 21 was ok. There was nothing I really struggled with hugely, though some people in my class got confused about the training and the externalities questions.

Would on-the-job and off-the-job be fine? Really can't remember being taught anything different...
Guys, to improve cash flow forecast, I know two ways are: 1. increasing cash inflows 2. decreasing cash outflows, but influenced by my panic, I wrote down 2 ways of increasing inflows, but with a really well applied recommendation.. how many points do I lose? please help.. I am panicking.
Would on-the-job and off-the-job be fine? Really can't remember being taught anything different...
Yes I said the same :smile:

I did the same too. There was someone in my class that completely forgot both of those so had to leave the whole question blank.
Original post by Glo_Mcflo
Guys, to improve cash flow forecast, I know two ways are: 1. increasing cash inflows 2. decreasing cash outflows, but influenced by my panic, I wrote down 2 ways of increasing inflows, but with a really well applied recommendation.. how many points do I lose? please help.. I am panicking.

I listed as my two ways 1. making customers pay sooner (the case study said they give 3 months to pay) and 2. delay payments to suppliers.

Increasing inflows would improve the cash flow forecast, however they might not credit you with variants of the same point twice. So you should still be able to get all of the application marks and half the knowledge marks and half the analysis marks at worst if they don't credit your second point at all... I think.
Was that a 12 marker or an 8 marker? I don't recall.

Oh okay, let's hope for the best :biggrin:
Are you appearing in IGCSE Accounting as well?
I listed as my two ways 1. making customers pay sooner (the case study said they give 3 months to pay) and 2. delay payments to suppliers.

Increasing inflows would improve the cash flow forecast, however they might not credit you with variants of the same point twice. So you should still be able to get all of the application marks and half the knowledge marks and half the analysis marks at worst if they don't credit your second point at all... I think.
Was that a 12 marker or an 8 marker? I don't recall.

It was an 8 marker, as 4 marks were rewarded for the calculations. So how many marks might I get? will my recommendation be considered?
Original post by Glo_Mcflo
It was an 8 marker, as 4 marks were rewarded for the calculations. So how many marks might I get? will my recommendation be considered?

I guess you might get something like 7 out of 8 if the rest of your answer is perfect and all they take off is one knowledge mark.
Just speculating here of course, I really don't know for sure.
Oh okay, let's hope for the best :biggrin:
Are you appearing in IGCSE Accounting as well?

Nope, I don't do accounting, it's not offered at my school.
I guess you might get something like 7 out of 8 if the rest of your answer is perfect and all they take off is one knowledge mark.
Just speculating here of course, I really don't know for sure.

Oh okay, thanks alot!
im about to write my mocks for form 5 .. does anyone know what came in the business studies paper 2...??
reply asap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending