The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2 Psychology: Understanding the Individual 23rd May (Old spec)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spiffyvixen
what did everyone put for the 12 marker? i put about brain laterisation, hormones and genes but i didnt put anything about sex determination(HY antigen and that)?

Y chromosome stimulates production of testes which produce testosterone and other androgens
Testosterone linked with aggression, hair development, voice depending
Females no hormone released leads to development of ovaries - progesterone and oestrogen and their role in female production - breasts, wide hips
Brain lateralisation - male right sided

Compared with learning - SLT difference (nurture) and similarity is that they both involve parents (conception for biological or role models for learning)
Supported learning with bandura - shows children copy same sex model and also supported with Daphney west
Supported biological with David Reimer
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
For Banduras study i put they had decided behaviour before the procedure or something because they had inter-rater reliability, and they were looking for things such as kicking, punching swearing etc

I got a B last year as well and I messed up the last bit on the Vicarious reinforcement question and also what did you put for operant conditioning dog question?

Negative reinforcement - take away lead (something unpleasant if they go through tunnel)
Positive reinforcement/primary - treat if they go over hurdles
Punishment - stern telling off or smack on nose if they don't go through tunnel

Referred the spike and other person throughout, you?
Original post by Julieplec
Y chromosome stimulates production of testes which produce testosterone and other androgens
Testosterone linked with aggression, hair development, voice depending
Females no hormone released leads to development of ovaries - progesterone and oestrogen and their role in female production - breasts, wide hips
Brain lateralisation - male right sided

Compared with learning - SLT difference (nurture) and similarity is that they both involve parents (conception for biological or role models for learning)
Supported learning with bandura - shows children copy same sex model and also supported with Daphney west
Supported biological with David Reimer

I did the same as you, except I included lots of evaluation for the biological approach with some comparisons as it said make sure to include ATLEAST one :smile:
Reply 43
Does anyone know how many marks are required for either an A, B or C grade
Negative reinforcement - take away lead (something unpleasant if they go through tunnel)
Positive reinforcement/primary - treat if they go over hurdles
Punishment - stern telling off or smack on nose if they don't go through tunnel

Referred the spike and other person throughout, you?

I talked about Positive reinforcement and Primary reinforcement giving Spike treats

I also talked about punishment and how it may lead to negative reinforcement
I did the same as you, except I included lots of evaluation for the biological approach with some comparisons as it said make sure to include ATLEAST one :smile:

What did you include for evaluation?
Estimations on grade boundaries? I'm guessing they'll be high because it's only resits sitting or
Reply 46
Which 7 marker are u referring to?

For the longitudinal study evaluation i talked about, cohort effect, also its good due to same participants (participant variables) - bad because time-consuming and requires large number of participants

The 7 marker on devising your own practical to do with tests throughout the year etc
What did you include for evaluation?
Estimations on grade boundaries? I'm guessing they'll be high because it's only resits sitting or

Supporting evidence Money, Daphne Went as a criticism
Reductionist, Deterministic, Value
and some comparison points e.g. scientifically credibility opposed to psychodynamic

Last year was like 59 for an A, this year maybe 60+, but some people have said they found the exam a bit difficult e.g. me I didnt like it too much compared to last years exam so cant be completely certain
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sall1997
The 7 marker on devising your own practical to do with tests throughout the year etc

Oh the longitudinal study, I didnt like that question much although I talked about ethics, sampling method etc
I talked about Positive reinforcement and Primary reinforcement giving Spike treats

I also talked about punishment and how it may lead to negative reinforcement

We've practically done the same! We both also lost a mark on the silly question about vicarious reinforcement and motivation - hopefully we've done well! What did you do for describe the key issue? Is autism an extreme male brain condition? I included symptoms and incidence rates hopefully that's 3 marks
Longitudinal study I put:
Qual and quantitative data - triangulation
Progress can be mapped such as genie
Developmental milestones mapped - genie
Allows statistical tests to be carried out
High dropout rate leads to biased sample
Reply 51
Multiple choice I put they had 2 observers who agreed on behaviour for bandura study (think it was D) and phallic stage for the Freud multiple choice question.

The only question which caught me off was the 3 marker on why Freud concluded Hans was scared of his father, I didn't know 3 points :frown:
We've practically done the same! We both also lost a mark on the silly question about vicarious reinforcement and motivation - hopefully we've done well! What did you do for describe the key issue? Is autism an extreme male brain condition? I included symptoms and incidence rates hopefully that's 3 marks

Yeah hopefully we did do well! But I cant be certain, as I didnt like a lot of the questions e.g. conclusion to why Freud thought Hans was in the oedipus complex.

My biological key issue was completely different, it was to do with criminal behaviour
Yeah hopefully we did do well! But I cant be certain, as I didnt like a lot of the questions e.g. conclusion to why Freud thought Hans was in the oedipus complex.

My biological key issue was completely different, it was to do with criminal behaviour

What?! Have I missed a page? I hope you're referring to the one about the father?!
I put about the moustache, afraid of white bourse (castration anxiety) black around horses mouths and horses pulling carriages
What?! Have I missed a page? I hope you're referring to the one about the father?!
I put about the moustache, afraid of white bourse (castration anxiety) black around horses mouths and horses pulling carriages

The 3rd question after the multiple choice, yeah i also put things like that and also how Hans had hatred for his father and liked to get into his mothers bed. I also included one or two of Hans' dream as I didnt know if everything i'm writing is enough for 3 marks

what did you put for the two tailed hypothesis and generalisability question?
what did you put for the two tailed hypothesis and generalisability question?

Phew! About the hans question

I said; there will be a difference in the amount of litter when measured at once for the month and once a week or something when measured in the amount of litter in each street

Making it more representative; Tracy should take litter from more streets in the town to get a representative sample
Phew! About the hans question

I said; there will be a difference in the amount of litter when measured at once for the month and once a week or something when measured in the amount of litter in each street

Making it more representative; Tracy should take litter from more streets in the town to get a representative sample

Ok nice I think I had same answers as you on that too
Ok nice I think I had same answers as you on that too

What was your learning observation?
What was your learning observation?

My learning observation was something about looking at gender differences in car sizes - I talked about inter-rater reliability being an issue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending