The Student Room Group

Aqa GCSE Drama

Is anyone doing this GCSE 😂, and who else thinks the written exam is painfully hard?

Scroll to see replies

Yes completely and the grade boundaries are wayyyyyy too high
Original post by PrinceKian
Is anyone doing this GCSE 😂, and who else thinks the written exam is painfully hard?

It's so painstakingly tedious and boring to write, I can't even bring myself to revise for it :biggrin: You also lose marks for not mentioning tiny things and the grade boundaries are so high as well. I can't wait for Tuesday to be over and done with and I'll never have to do it ever again.
Original post by george_c00per
It's so painstakingly tedious and boring to write, I can't even bring myself to revise for it :biggrin: You also lose marks for not mentioning tiny things and the grade boundaries are so high as well. I can't wait for Tuesday to be over and done with and I'll never have to do it ever again.

It is the most boring thing in the world. Painfully repetitive and i can never seem to get any of it right. Most schools literally just learn a set thing off my heart for each question. We started learning about 3 weeks ago
Original post by Demarco101
It is the most boring thing in the world. Painfully repetitive and i can never seem to get any of it right. Most schools literally just learn a set thing off my heart for each question. We started learning about 3 weeks ago

That's what my teacher told us to do for the first questions, but I haven't even looked at my drama folder since last Thursday when it was my last lesson.

You just need to put in so much detail, even if your paragraph is a bit rambly. I managed to get 7/10 for one of the questions we did in class just for going on about a little detail, and the only reason I lost marks was because I mixed this question up with another. Oops :colondollar:

How did you do in the practical?
I haven't looked at it since i don't actually have a drama folder. I really need to get at least an A. Our teachers haven't told us our devised or scripted marks yet which is so annoying. Yeah ik it's all about talking about the little things you do. I always fall down on section C question 2 tho

In my mock i got 88% which was a mix of the practical and written mark
Also Corbyn and labour ftw
Yeah. I got A* in my Yr10 Mocks but a C in my YR11 Mocks because I misread the Sec B Q5&6...Need to learn for that in the final..
Yeah it's kinda annoying the GB are soo high and that you needa be so specific.
Reply 7
Original post by sulaimanali
Yeah. I got A* in my Yr10 Mocks but a C in my YR11 Mocks because I misread the Sec B Q5&6...Need to learn for that in the final..
Yeah it's kinda annoying the GB are soo high and that you needa be so specific.

our teachers have just told us to explain the hell out of everything, and section A Q1&2 are the same as section B Q5 and section A Q3&4 are the same as section B Q6, so its straight forward for us, even though last time I got a C, and my practical is on an A only a couple marks off an A*
Reply 8
Any tips we can give each other to get the best grade tomorrow? I can't wait for drama to be finally over :smile:
Reply 9
Anyone know how to get an A* in the written paper?
if y'all want tips I got 93% in my mock paper :yy:

(probably a fluke, but I'm not awful, if you want advice idk :h: )

p.s. I'm talking vaguely-specific questions
Original post by Milzime
if y'all want tips I got 93% in my mock paper :yy:

(probably a fluke, but I'm not awful, if you want advice idk :h: )

p.s. I'm talking vaguely-specific questions

Yes please, that would be awesome :biggrin:
Original post by PrinceKian
Yes please, that would be awesome :biggrin:

I need help on question 5&6 please an someone help?:smile:
Original post by Eggzactly
I need help on question 5&6 please an someone help?:smile:

Erm if you know how to do Q1&2 it's basically the same as Q5 and if you look at Q3&4 it's basically the same as Q6, take a close look and you'll get what I mean
oh I get it now. thanks!!!
if anyone has any section c tips, I'm dying here..
Original post by honorgranville
if anyone has any section c tips, I'm dying here..

Sorry, I'm doing section B
Original post by honorgranville
x

Original post by Eggzactly
x

Original post by Demarco101
x

sorry if I quoted unnecessarily, but if you lot wanted some tips, here's somthing I wrote for one of my friends a while ago for revision:

here you go

TL;DR Look at past papers, look at model answers, stay specific and clear, making sure you go into excruciating detail wherever you can, but assuring the point you've made is still relevant to the question.GOOD LUCK
Original post by Milzime
sorry if I quoted unnecessarily, but if you lot wanted some tips, here's somthing I wrote for one of my friends a while ago for revision:

here you go

TL;DR Look at past papers, look at model answers, stay specific and clear, making sure you go into excruciating detail wherever you can, but assuring the point you've made is still relevant to the question.GOOD LUCK

Thank you so much, and good luck everyone, we're all going to smash it!
How did everyone find that?

Quick Reply

Latest