The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature

I feel like I did so bad... I answered the question about relationships between Gerald and Shelia. :frown: I wrote about the patriarchal society and how she can not break from it at the start, How she calls her husband a fool and the dialogue difference between them .....ugggh I don't KNOW? was this enough
Original post by AfricanNextdoor
I feel like I did so bad... I answered the question about relationships between Gerald and Shelia. :frown: I wrote about the patriarchal society and how she can not break from it at the start, How she calls her husband a fool and the dialogue difference between them .....ugggh I don't KNOW? was this enough

the question asked about how Priestley presents the change in their relationship in An Inspector calls.
I talked about how Priestley showed Sheila as a bit immature and childish because she says something like 'o look mummy - isn't it beautiful' which suggest that she is feeling happy and blah blah blah
then talked about how the stage direction '{half serious,half playful} is used to show Sheila's thoughts about Gerald and that she is covering her suspicious over Gerald by being play and blah blah
then said how sheila is upset and annoyed when Gerald admits having an affair with Eva and blah blah
and yh I also talked about another point but I forgot it
and yh that's it
Original post by Helpmepickone
the question asked about how Priestley presents the change in their relationship in An Inspector calls.
I talked about how Priestley showed Sheila as a bit immature and childish because she says something like 'o look mummy - isn't it beautiful' which suggest that she is feeling happy and blah blah blah
then talked about how the stage direction '{half serious,half playful} is used to show Sheila's thoughts about Gerald and that she is covering her suspicious over Gerald by being play and blah blah
then said how sheila is upset and annoyed when Gerald admits having an affair with Eva and blah blah
and yh I also talked about another point but I forgot it
and yh that's it

Yes I also did that quote as well ('half serious, half playful') Gosh I hope get a good grade
Original post by AfricanNextdoor
Yes I also did that quote as well ('half serious, half playful':wink: Gosh I hope get a good grade

tbh my is quantity overt quality which is y i think im gonna fail
Reply 4
Did anyone do the question on goodness in the Crucible? if so what points did you make as i feel like i might have sidetracked ?
anyone did animal farm or mice and men?
Original post by rayestar

i did mice and men but i think i f***** up on it
i did mice and men but i think i f***** up on it

oh come on, be more positive! :biggrin:
I'm not gonna say my one went well or bad cos i dont wanna jinx anything haha
so which mice and men question did you choose?
I did it on violence, but I have a feeling I wrote too much context... is that alright?
The crucible was quite easy as the question was about describe how Miller presents Females such as Elizabeth Proctor and Abigail Williams?
Original post by imoooooo
Did anyone do the question on goodness in the Crucible? if so what points did you make as i feel like i might have sidetracked ?

No that was harder you shoul dhave picked the top one
I did how Priestly present conflict. Thought I did pretty well but then after my exam I forgot one of the main conflict points.

Where the character has conflict within themselves. At first Sheila was happy with life etc but later on in the play she felt guilty about what she had to Eva. Felt that was a really important point. I wish i wrote about it.

Hopefully I get an A tho.
oh come on, be more positive! :biggrin:
I'm not gonna say my one went well or bad cos i dont wanna jinx anything haha
so which mice and men question did you choose?
I did it on violence, but I have a feeling I wrote too much context... is that alright?

wait wat exam board r u?

yeah did OMAM :smile: how was it?
Wow, another thread....
I found the exam okay, just feel I never carried my points across well.
Hopefully a Delightful examiner marks mine and thinks like me <3
Good luck in Poetry.
Original post by imoooooo

Brave haha! I only know one person in my whole school who did the goodness question, but I know they talked about Elizabeth's final statement, 'He have his goodness now. God forbid I take it from him' if that helps? I think most of their points revolved around that quote, like how goodness is something to strive towards and its links to religion, but I'm not sure what else they put.
Original post by alishba-rosex
yeah did OMAM :smile: how was it?

i did alright. which question did u choose? I did the one on violence
wait wat exam board r u?

I'm doing edexcel
i did alright. which question did u choose? I did the one on violence

oh are you are different board? I'm doing AQA
Original post by Federerr
I did how Priestly present conflict. Thought I did pretty well but then after my exam I forgot one of the main conflict points.

Where the character has conflict within themselves. At first Sheila was happy with life etc but later on in the play she felt guilty about what she had to Eva. Felt that was a really important point. I wish i wrote about it.

Hopefully I get an A tho.

Oh, I forgot that conflict point too, didn't even think about that until just now. Don't worry, you can still get an A* if you miss a point, so long as you backed up the others:wink:
Reply 19
I done GCSE over twenty years ago and I predicted on sunday night a question that might come up in the Off mice and men paper. Sure enough my son came home and confirmed it. Perhaps I should be an English teacher ( it was the question about Slim) I had a feeling they would ask about him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending