The Student Room Group

How did that exam go?! The 2016 GCSE Exam Sentiment Thread!

Scroll to see replies

ENGLISH LIT UNIT 1
AQA
GCSE
Of Mice and Men :smile:
Lord of the flies :biggrin:
English Lit Unit 1
AQA
GCSE
:smile: :s-smilie:
Reply 522
Did anyone do TKAMB and Romeo and Juliet. I feel like i messed up so bad
Reply 523
English Lit Unit 1
AQA
GCSE
OMAM & THE CRUCIBLE
English literature
understanding prose
Edexcel
TKAMB and Jekyll and Hyde
:s-smilie:
Religious Studies B Unit 3
AQA
GCSE
ooh @Jenkinator2000 someone else that did this exam! I found some of it a bit weird and I have no clue how it went lol
(edited 7 years ago)
WJEC GCSE English :frown:
English Literature Unit 1 Prose
AQA
:smile:
English Literature
Understanding Prose
Edexcel
Gcse
:biggrin:
English literature Edexcel
Understanding prose
Animal farm, of mice and men

Spoiler

Exam Subject: RE (Sikhism 1)
Exam Board: OCR
Level: GCSE

Exam Subject: RE (Sikhism 2)
Exam Board: OCR
Level: GCSE:smile:
Original post by stefanie.ng
I'm doing Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress! How about you? How did you find the unseen exam today? I chose the poem and I don't know, I felt it was manageable yet English is always so unpredictable so I'm just hoping for the best. :smile: Hope all is well with you!!

im doing hedda gabler
the poem was pretty straightforward and actually i find it way too straightforward.... at first i didnt really get what the poet's intentions were but then i kinda found it... idk fingers crossed!
Reply 532
Original post by Lemur14
AQA
GCSE
ooh @Jenkinator2000 someone else that did this exam! I found some of it a bit weird and I have no clue how it went lol

So did I, it was definitely up and down, although I found myself repeating myself a lot!
Original post by Esme_G
So did I, it was definitely up and down, although I found myself repeating myself a lot!

I repeated myself a lot as well. Lots of the teachings I'd learnt just didn't seem to fit the questions so I just stuck with a few (and I didn't even get a chance to use "Love thy neighbour" lol). Very glad I learnt that the Shari'ah says that Muslims should follow the laws of the state though as I used that one like 8/9 times lol
Which questions did you do?
Original post by Lemur14
AQA
GCSE

RE is my strongest subject so I found it relatively easy. I must say some of the questions were poorly worded. I had planned to answer the Elderly & Death, Drugs, Crime & Punishment and World Poverty questions but after looking at the horrors of the Elderly & Death question I went for Medical Ethics instead.
I hope the grade boundaries will be lower this year as I found this unit a lot harder than unit 2 (Religion and Life issues).
Hope you found it alright and wish you luck for results day and more :smile:
Original post by Flammae
English Literature
iGCSE CIE (0486/12)

I did the same board
Hardy poems and Silas marner
Wbu

Posted from TSR Mobile
English
AQA
GCSE

English literature:
OCR:
Modern drama- a view from the bridge :biggrin:
Prose from a different culture- of mice and men :angry:

The of mice and men passage was absolutely terrible !!!
Original post by Jenkinator2000
RE is my strongest subject so I found it relatively easy. I must say some of the questions were poorly worded. I had planned to answer the Elderly & Death, Drugs, Crime & Punishment and World Poverty questions but after looking at the horrors of the Elderly & Death question I went for Medical Ethics instead.
I hope the grade boundaries will be lower this year as I found this unit a lot harder than unit 2 (Religion and Life issues).
Hope you found it alright and wish you luck for results day and more :smile:

It definitely isn't my strongest subject lol. I'm definitely maths orientated. We only learnt 4 of the topics so I didn't really have a choice. The elderly and death I found wasn't too bad in comparison to the British poverty topic which was absolutely horrible and totally irrelevant to almost all the religious teachings I had learnt. I wasn't really happy with my structure for my 6 markers either as I haven't really been getting more than 4 so I changed it and I'm not sure I've improved.
I did predict 3 of the 4 topics correctly though so I think that gained me a few marks as I looked over it in my last minute cramming session :smile:
Good luck to you too :smile:
AQA English Lit 1 (An Inspector Calls & Mockingbird) :biggrin: xx

Latest