The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology resit 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
I would be kinda glad if that did come up lol
What about methods

I think maybe practical and theoretical issues
Original post by Sian-97
My Sociology teacher predicted most of the topics mentioned ^ as well as vocational education. He gave me a textbook scan which summarises it but I don't know what type of question they would ask regarding vocational education

Which topics?
Original post by xxvine
Which topics?

Marxist views of education
Interactionist views of education (labelling)
Hidden curriculum
Vocational education
Observations

Also, he said it's important to go over gender/ethnicity/class as a question will always come up in some form
Original post by Sian-97
Marxist views of education
Interactionist views of education (labelling)
Hidden curriculum
Vocational education
Observations

Also, he said it's important to go over gender/ethnicity/class as a question will always come up in some form

Huh what topics are they?
Are you doing the new spec lol? They will never ask a question just on labelling...it has to be an overall topic
Interactionists views of education lol? Is that even a topic?
Awkwardly enough I'm doing the old spec lool :s-smilie: I'm in Y13, resitting. I don't even know, that is just what our teacher told us, and how we were taught. (We learnt 3 major theories of education - functionalist/Marxist/Interactionist)

I think by interaction views he meant a 12mark question could come up on how labelling may lead to underachievement (so you'd include studies such as Rist, Becker, Fuller).
Original post by Sian-97
Awkwardly enough I'm doing the old spec lool :s-smilie: I'm in Y13, resitting. I don't even know, that is just what our teacher told us, and how we were taught. (We learnt 3 major theories of education - functionalist/Marxist/Interactionist)

I think by interaction views he meant a 12mark question could come up on how labelling may lead to underachievement (so you'd include studies such as Rist, Becker, Fuller).

I can't see how labelling will be 12 marker
Too little to say
Original post by xxvine
Too little to say

yeah i agree, feel like it would have to be a question on internal factors but that came up last year
My teacher has predicted Marxism, class external and possibly labelling and new right. I've revised those in a lot of detail but briefly looked over everything else :colondollar:
I'm relying on methods in context and research methods to bring my grade up really - I hate education
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
My teacher has predicted Marxism, class external and possibly labelling and new right. I've revised those in a lot of detail but briefly looked over everything else :colondollar:
I'm relying on methods in context and research methods to bring my grade up really - I hate education

A lot to take in isn't....
How are you answering methods...that's what I hate lol...
Original post by xxvine
A lot to take in isn't....
How are you answering methods...that's what I hate lol...

I don't really know how to describe it really, I just make sure I quote the source, relate the method to education, then evaluate whether it's a good method
Original post by xxvine
Too little to say

Ah ok, thanks! Thank gosh I found this thread haha :colondollar:
does anyone know prediction for the education resit paper?
Original post by sophieshallai
does anyone know prediction for the education resit paper?

Read the threads
Many have been made
Does anyone know the predictions for the health resit paper tomorrow?
For research methods I think it will experiments or documents. Hopefully documents for me
[QUOTE="helpme001;65074859"]
Original post by grassntai
Research in methods is like really just common sense isn't it?

yeah i think it is, you can kind of blag your way through it

Just use the item loads......
Original post by Thebeast97
For research methods I think it will experiments or documents. Hopefully documents for me

What would you write for documents?
Original post by xxvine
What would you write for documents?

Stuff like they're cheap and easy to access, produce qualitative data, they're valid
Then the opposite would be stuff like they aren't reliable and generalisable/representative etc..
Interactionist is the same as interpretivist, just another name for it.
It involves typing, labelling, self-fulfilling prophecy, banding, streaming, subcultures, pupil adaption, differentiation and polarisation, mixed ability groups and secondary school effects on children. It covers a whole lot, wouldn't surprise me if a 20 mark question could be made out of it.
I'm dreading this exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending