The Student Room Group

AQA AS Economics Paper 2 23rd May 2016 NEW SPEC

Anyone ready? I just learnt all of macroeconomics this weekend. Any predictions also?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
People are talking about monetary policy, I'm just praying for economic indicators
How did everyone find it?
Does anyone remember any multiple choice questions?
Reply 4
I think it went well. Anyone do context one? What did you write about?
Original post by Kaasi
I think it went well. Anyone do context one? What did you write about?

I got -41.42% for the calculation question.For the 10 marker I talked about increase in imports, decrease in exports, how it shifts AD to the left (drew a diagram there) and how it leads to deflationary pressure, with either disinflation or deflation.
Apparently for context 1 calculation you just had to minus the index from each other... because they are already in percentages..??
Original post by Starmock99
Apparently for context 1 calculation you just had to minus the index from each other... because they are already in percentages..??

No I don't think index points are percentage values
Original post by sharmonraja
No I don't think index points are percentage values

drew my bar chart for context 1 using both variables how many marks will i lose even if the one variable they were asking for is fully correct

Quick question. When I drew the barchart, I left no spaces. Mainly because there wasnt enough space to leave spaces anyway. Does it matted?
The exam went well for me, barring that percentage change question. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the butt.
Reply 11
If you did not leave spaces between your bars it does matter. (Its not a bar chart otherwise). What did people put for the multiple choice question on what would cause a rightward shift in aggregate demand, the answer was either increase in exports or increase in the budget deficit, but which one?
Reply 12
I Would have to argue:

The Answer is clearly Only an increase in the budget deficit

The deficit can rise in one of two ways

More spending->Increasing G component of AD shifting it right
or
A cut in taxes-> Increasing disposable income-> Increasing C element of ad shifting it right

however
for Exports they can increase but so can imports

so even though they may mark both right, its more than likely Gov Spending
I'm sure I scored at least 90% of the marks.
Reply 14
Original post by sfs
I Would have to argue:

The Answer is clearly Only an increase in the budget deficit

The deficit can rise in one of two ways

More spending->Increasing G component of AD shifting it right
or
A cut in taxes-> Increasing disposable income-> Increasing C element of ad shifting it right

however
for Exports they can increase but so can imports

so even though they may mark both right, its more than likely Gov Spending

The question said all things being equal or remaining the same therefore the increase in exports would be without an increase in imports. But again, that just makes it a dumb ****ing question as, the answer could be both.
Reply 15
Original post by TighFR
The question said all things being equal or remaining the same therefore the increase in exports would be without an increase in imports. But again, that just makes it a dumb ****ing question as, the answer could be both.

The reason I think it's a budget deficit is because it said an increase in exports, not the value of exports.
Reply 16
Original post by Simosos
The reason I think it's a budget deficit is because it said an increase in exports, not the value of exports.

I put budget deficit too, my reason was that it's a greater component of AD compared to exports - the question said MOST likely.
Original post by TighFR
If you did not leave spaces between your bars it does matter. (Its not a bar chart otherwise). What did people put for the multiple choice question on what would cause a rightward shift in aggregate demand, the answer was either increase in exports or increase in the budget deficit, but which one?

I think I put exports. But idk, I swear its both. Although did it say biggest chance. Then maybr its budgey deficit. But I did put exports.
I thought the multiple choice was really nice! I think the whole paper could have been a lot worse!
Reply 19
Original post by KatieB1608
I thought the multiple choice was really nice! I think the whole paper could have been a lot worse!

Do you remember any multiple choice

Quick Reply

Latest